“Wonderful Introduction to Persian Cuisine”
Review of Yas

Yas
Ranked #7,810 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I visited this restaurant recently with colleagues who have used this restaurant many times. We were introduced to the most amazing food which was quite different to any other type of food I have ever experienced. We started with tapas style starters of aubergine, yoghurts and the most tasty of breads, herbs and cheeses. Our main course was a wonderful platter of meats displayed beautifully and served with a wonderful salad. The whole occasion was a feast for the taste buds, very subtle flavours and wonderful presentation. We finished off the meal with saffron scented desserts and tea infused with mint which rounded the evening off beautifully.

There are newer reviews for Yas

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the fish and salad, food was great service was ok, ice cream was excellent. I would go back if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

had a great Persian dinner late one night after attending a do in the pub beside. traditional hoogly pipes if you want but the food was gorgeous

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Whilst attending an exhibition at Olympia my colleague and I headed across the road from the exhibition hall to this Persian restaurant. I have eaten here on a number of occasions and must say it provides a good meal at a reasonable price. I cannot comment on how authentic the food is, but will say it is very good, if sometimes lacking in the spiciness I would have expected – but that could just be my ignorance of Persian food. Pleasant staff, and definitely great a business meeting venue, but for me it lacks little the atmosphere to make it a good venue for family or friends night out. For me the flat bread and pickles are a must have.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stumbled upon YAS by accident and had to choose between it and Pizza Express just down the road - I'm glad we chose YAS.

Firstly, we arrived about 2PM and so the restaurant had only a few (adult) customers - I can't imagine coming here with young children during busy eating hours. The photos on the wall were great for the kids to look at, but really wish they didn't have the bikini clad girls prancing and gesticulating about on the overhead televisions. My kids couldn't keep their eyes off it and it detracted from the cultural experience and food.

We'd never had Persian food before and I enjoyed the experience. We had a few starters, one with feta cheese and herbs which, when we asked how to eat were shown how to wrap it up in the traditional bread. The hummus and olives were very nice as well. We tried the milky drink with herbs and found it oddly salty, but not overly unpleasant. My husband had a lamb dish which I guess could be described like a leather belt (as per one of the other reviewers), which was good and moist. I had a chicken breast (missing its barberries) with rice, which the children really enjoyed and I thought the fried rice dish was decent. Our bill was around £70 for starters, two mains, and two milky drinks. Not sure if that is average for London lunches, but not good for a family on a budget!

My husband says it is not a child friendly place and that we were tolerated, but I disagree and felt that other than the inappropriate (for the middle of the day especially) television programme. If you have kids along you could always ask the staff to turn it off or change the channel as we did - and they were happy to do so. I would not bring children during peak hours, and it's possibly not for very young families at all. Definitely one for couples and groups of adults looking for culture and food.