“Good but overpriced”

Ranked #1,776 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$77
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
“Good but overpriced”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went for a quick lunch at Yoshino Friday 18th July 2014, the service and food was quite good, but were left unsatisfied after £37.00 for a can of coke green tea, 9 pieces of small sushi and a so called salad which consisted of a raspberry a cherry tomato lots of overpowering lemon sauce and some wafer thin tuna.

Apart from it being overpriced I would say that the sushi tasted of a high quality and would recommend it if you are expecting to spend a lot of money.

• Visited July 2014

Chester, United Kingdom
“I Would Have Liked to Have Been Served!!!! Service was terrible.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I would like to be able to review the food but that is impossible because we failed to get any! We went for a fairly late lunch and were quickly shown to a table upstairs, it was quite busy but not absolutely full. First of all we didn't get a menu for some 10 minutes then we waited and we waited for someone to ask if we wanted a drink or to order, after about 15 minutes we got up and started to walk out when the waitress said I will be with you in a minute. Sorry you had your chance. We ended up having a lovely lunch in the Viet Cafe in Haymarket where the service was very good.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I would have liked anything in this good company!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I remain no expert in sushi but it tasted good and the service was very friendly and excellent. Would have liked it a bit fuller. My reservation incl. change was handled very well.

+ the green tea (fresh and with free refill!); the prosecco; and the wagyu beef black pudding is seriously yummy.
- don't like obligatory 12,5% service fee even though I would likely have given this anyway

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best sushi I've had?”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a spot of sushi on a quiet Monday evening; we decided on Yoshino. We each had the Hana meal experience, all 5 courses were fantastic -the Wagyu rib-eye was just sublime. The restaurant was quiet, but it was a Monday in January... Service was polite and unobtrusive.

All in all a fantastic meal.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sean0712
United Kingdom
“Must be the most expensive scoop of ice-cream in London!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had lunch here with a friend recently, we had a Yoshino zen "Yuki" each and shared a Sushi roll between us,followed by an ice-cream.The food was very fresh and nicely presented. The green tea ice-cream was very good but it looked very lost on the plate, a tiny little scoop for £4.80 is really very expensive no matter how fantastic it is.

• Visited January 2014