“Romantic dinner”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Whits is a mainstay of the Kensington dining scene, attracting locals with its relaxed ambience and imaginative array of modern European classics. The pleasant restaurant interior, with its bright skylight and elegant ironwork, adds to the welcoming vibe, while dishes use ingredients often obtained directly from France to enhance the regularly changing menu.
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Terrific starters, very good main courses and also great desserts. Generous portions and immaculate service. Not cheap but good value for money. Atmosphere suitable for a quiet romantic dinner.

There are newer reviews for Whits

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here. The staff was super friendly and the place felt relaxed and comfortable. My wife’s lamb was not cooked as we expected, but everything else was excellent. We shared a trio of lemon desserts that even included a small souffle! We will be back here again.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We visited here whilst exhibiting at the Olympia in hammer smith. We booked via the online option on the website, which was very straight forward. I asked for a decent table as we were entertaining some guest who were visiting from Germany.
I was greeted by name and we instantly felt at home. The food was spectacular, having ate at Michelin star restaurants I was thoroughly impressed. The service was impeccable and the lovely lady that ran front of house was professional and also witty!
I would highly recommend this place. Great food, great service and a feel good factor atmosphere.
Well done and keep up the good work. We will be back

1  Thank Zion_9
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A normal good and intimate restaurant.
A kindly and premourus. Service. Altough the late hour.....
Im not convinced about the dishes. A average good. Lobster soup starter, and ,according my opinión a mistake in a Main course dish.......the scallop risotto were almost twice cooked and was riduced to another soup.......for my dinner, and for dessert a normal fruit ice cream!
Welll My vote including the value would be 5 but i add one more for the good hospitalyty....
Pueden pruebas amigos. Y a ver si coincidimos.........

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I live in the neighbourhood and yet had never ventured into this place. W8 right next door was somehow more familiar but I now know what I have been missing out on!

Excellent food, nice wine menu with reasonable prices to boot. The foie gras is divine. Very personal and warm service. Another benefit (one hard to find hear days) is the decibel levels. You can enjoy a lovely evening without having to shout to be heard. Families are also made to feel welcome. In short: I will be a regular.