“Not cheap, but well worth it”
Review of Whits - CLOSED

Whits
Price range: US$25 - US$83
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Whits is a mainstay of the Kensington dining scene, attracting locals with its relaxed ambience and imaginative array of modern European classics. The pleasant restaurant interior, with its bright skylight and elegant ironwork, adds to the welcoming vibe, while dishes use ingredients often obtained directly from France to enhance the regularly changing menu.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great restaurant, visited it couple of times over the last couple of years, and always happy with everything. Great food created with skill and imagination, one of my favorite places for sure. As mentioned -a bit pricey, but you get good quality food for it.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We owe a debt to trip advisor for prompting us to book this for our 20th wedding anniversary. Eva is the perfect host; attentive without being overly so and excellent at judging when to offer advice on what to choose and have a friendly chat. The atmosphere is smart without being stuffy and very cosmopolitan.
We ordered the lobster ravioli and oriental salmon and crab with wasabi and really savoured the excellent flavours - oh and washed it down with a beautiful Puilly Fume. The rack of lamb and seared tuna were cooked to perfection and wonderfully flavoured - the tuna had a piquant salsa. We really didn't need the assiettes with lemon and the raspberry soufflés, tarts and sorbets as we had been fed well but as everything else was so delicious we thought it rude not to!! We washed it down with an exquisite glass of Sauternes.
Somebody said get there before the prices go up when the Michelin Star is awarded - they are right the food is far beyond the reasonably priced menu and the service is top notch.
My only 2 grumbles: adding service to the bill automatically and putting a noisy and rodomontade woman next to us when there was plenty of room in the rest of the restaurant.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My turn to book a London restaurant for a group of 8 friends, who are critical foodies, so I was a bit nervous by choosing Whits just on TripAdvisor reviews. I needn't have been!

The food was exquisite - perfectly balanced lobster ravioli became a focus for tastes around the table and all the main courses were equally fabulous. The grouse was served with a sausage on the side, created from the leg meat of the grouse, which our friendly and knowledgeable waiter was pleased to explain to us. My Mexican tuna (was warned it would be spicy!) was a fabulous fiery mix of flavours and textures and cooked to pink perfection.

Finally the puds were a delight - the cheese board light and tasty and the lemon 3 ways, soufflé, tart and sorbet just fab.

Everyone praised the food, and said the menu was one on which every option was tempting.

We were a bit noisy, but as a group had a great table at the back so didn't feel in the least bit intrusive or rushed and in fact shared pudding choices with our neighbouring table who were having an equally enjoyable time.
Great place - worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

A lot of care goes into the food and service here. The dishes are beautifully presented and delicious. Our waitress was superb - giving us just enough attention. Online booking system worked out fine. The sauce I had on my duck confit was possibly the best sauce I have ever had in my life. The duck meat itself was a bit of a disappointment though for me. If there was a box for 4.5 stars, I would tick it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as you are rewarded for coming.

Respectfully Submitted,
TB

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Lovely time at this friendly family run restaurant. The food and the service was faultless , will definitely go again!!