“Terrible service”

Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: Kasturi, an award winning restaurant, is located at the heart of the city of London. It specialises in Indian fronter cuisine, which is called Pakhtoon Cuisine, originating from North-west frontier provinces of undivided India. The essence of this cuisine is in the preparation of meats and vegetables, when cooked together produces juices which go into the cooking of succulent and delicious kababs and grilled food without using raw ghee and butter. This is a unique preparation, which provides tasty and healthy food. As for stater Kabab-ke-karishma is a selection of delicious gourmet delight.So for main dish Koh-E-Avadh is classic North Indian lamb dish cooked in its own juices, tinged with cardemon and flavoured with saffron, which is restaurant's signature dish. No doubt, you will be feeling super special after a meal at this buzzy and relaxed restaurant. Kasturi was a finalist of Best Curry Awards 2006 by Restaurant Magazine, and among the top 30 restaurants in the U.K. by British Curry Awards 2005.
Bordeaux, France
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We felt so unwelcome at this restaurant, the atmosphere was awful and we felt as if we were really putting out the staff. Ruined our evening!

Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good food and quick service”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

As all the pubs were heaving, four of us visited this restaurant on Friday 13th December before a Jack the Ripper walking tour; it was ideally situated opposite St. Botolph's Church in Aldgate where we had to meet and very quiet when we arrived about 6.45. We explained that we needed to be out within an hour and they were very quick with both food and drinks. We had poppadums/chutney, 4 starters, 4 mains, 2 rice, 2 vegetable dishes, chapattis and naans, plus 3 large beers and 4 glasses of wine; the total with tip came to £100 which was good value. The food was well-prepared with plenty of spice, not just heat, and the staff were pleasant. Would be happy to return if we are ever in the area again.

• Visited December 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Having walked past many times, finally went in for dinner on Wed 4th Dec, Both my partner and I felt it was the best Indian meal we had eaten in a long, long time. The quality of the ingredients, the spices, overall flavour and presentation was outstanding and the owner/manager seemed to really care that we had an enjoyable dining experience.

I have now recommended this to my colleagues and I would even take an underground trip from elsewhere in London to visit and eat there again ... it was that good !

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Graham C
“just wow!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

cheap, honoust food. good menu. came here twice times in a row. sometimes some drunk Tommies here, but what the heck. I enjoyed the chefs specials and the different platters. Good unenglish spicy food! mouthwatherng. Not all of the staff very friendly thogh.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, pricing strange.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My Dad and step-Mum had come to see us in London and we got a deal to go here, the food was lovely and the service prompt and polite. I had the mixed sheekh kebab for starters and it was average but my boyfriend had the Kandahari Paneer Tikka and I was jealous because it was so much nicer. I would recommend this. However for mains the tables were turned, he had the dansak, which was average, but I had the Koh-e-Avadh which was utterly fab! I would recommend this place but the pricing seems off, we had a deal so it didn't affect us but for the area, considering the competition, they should reduce the prices. £16.95 for house wine is just not cricket!

• Visited October 2013