“this is the very best fish restaurant in London reasonable prices”
Review of Poissonnerie de l'Avenue - CLOSED

Poissonnerie de l'Avenue
Price range: US$41 - US$114
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 28 May 2014

my brothers three of us reserved through our Club The Sloane Club on the MD Tony Murketts recommendation, the service was excellent the Dover Soles were out of this world vey carefully prepared minauare style, ,that night it was pouring rain ,whats new for London ,the Owner escorted us to a lovely white Linen Table, and made us very at home, the lovely lobster Bisque was remarkable, as was our Dover Soles ,cant wait to return to this Land Mark Restaurant

There are newer reviews for Poissonnerie de l'Avenue

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This place fills with people quickly, arrive early and get a table. We noticed many people had reservations.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

On my quest for a good seafood in London, I am not done yet. I should say good and affordable.
La poissonerie de l'avenue, with a name like that is more a chic venue. I didn't expect that nor the prices.
However I must say that so far this is the best I have been to in London, quite some variety, but be ready to pay the price.
Nothing to say about the service as it comes as you would expect it. You feel that your money is well spent.
So I would say go there for a romantic treat with your half. Thats what I would do next time :)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you search for my other reviews then you will get a sense of the sort of meals I have eaten around the world. We ate here as we could not get a table at Scotts. this restaurant charges the same sort of prices as Scotts but serves vastly inferior fair with no flair at all. Now I don't mind homely good honest food which is what we were served here but I do expect good presentation and sophistication at these prices. Husband's starter was queen scallops, didn't expect these to be coated and dumped on a plate with a dipping sauce, bit fish and chip shop. my starter was avocado prawns, didn't expect the prawns to be served on a halved avocado on a bed of lettuce - not even sliced?? My lobster thermidor was fine but the meat had been taken out, chopped and put babk into the carapace, a little odd. Husbands main was slip sole colbert, fish was poorly cooked and breadcrumbed, again, a bit fish and chip shop, and half of it was full of what we think was roe, really unpleasant. Bottle if wine and two starters/main, £120 ish. The restaurant was almost empty at lunchtime on a friday. Says it all really. And the last time I was handed a menu in a plastic folder was when I ate in a restaurant in a french seaside town ( really, plastic, in London, at these prices - you need to sort that out), and the meal there was better.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you want a classic set lunch menu in the Sloane Avenue/Brompton Cross area, go to the Poissonnerie. It's an all too rare example of a restaurant which has been there for as long as I can remember but still ticks all the boxes.
The set menu has plenty of choice, cooking/presentation is 'classic' (in the best sense) and the atmosphere wonderfully calm. It's somewhere you can enjoy a companionable lunch without being drowned out by the conversations around you.