“Beautiful space, terrible food, indifferent service.”
Review of 06 St Chad's Place

06 St Chad's Place
Ranked #11,672 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$63 - US$63
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was served a almost Inesible lunch, an asparagus gratin Whig had clearly been microwaved until boiled and resembles burnt cheese soup. I asked the waitress if it was how it should be and she just shrugged. I asked for bread to see if dipping that would improve it and was given atale focaccia. I are almost nothing. There were only 2 other tables occupied and yet the waiting staff and bored-looking manager standing behind the bar did nothing to acknowledge or rectify what was clearly unacceptable. No alternative was offered.

When the bill arrived, with the dish included plus service, I asked if they'd consider removing it or reducing the price (I thought at least I'd be offered my peppermint tea on be house). She shrugged and said she'd ask the manager. She retuned saying nothing and just slammed a new bill on the table and when I asked what they'd decided she said "look at it". They had, ungraciously, removed it.

I've eaten here lots of times and used to really enjoy it. It's a great building but with so much more choice in the area now, they haven't stepped up to the competition. A great shame and I won't be retiring.

1  Thank LondonYogi2014

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was hung over, dehydrated and miserable. Far from home and about to land at the customer site I needed sustinence.I saw this cafe and popped in on the off chance. The breakfast was perfect, lovely fresh crusty bread toasted with REAL butter on it. Fry up was epic as was the coffee. The place was busy with take away customers so it obviously has a good reputation. Will be back.

3  Thank originalracingsnake
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge around the corner, this was a perfect spot for breakfast. Unfortunately for us we did not find this place until later in our stay. Off the main road it offers a break from the hustle of kings cross and for a hour it feels like you are somewhere else. Good food, relaxed modern décor, good service highly recommended and far better than a Mcdonalds breakfast!

2  Thank Jason655
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Dropped in here for a quick drink before going to a comedy club around the corner.

Good ambience, plenty of space and a welcoming atmosphere. Drinks a bit pricy for a Kings Cross backstreet alley - >£12 for a pint of IPA and a glass of very average wine - but it was a nice, relaxed, quiet place to meet, drink and chat.

Did not try the food. Staff were perfectly pleasant.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Tried to eat here in a group of 12 people. We all ordered food. The staff didn't have a clue and food came out wrong and late. A couple of burgers came out over an hour after being ordered and were stone cold, It was so cold the cheese couldn't melt.

When we asked for our money back on that burger (£11), the barman was arguing with us. And tried to make out it was our fault as it was a complicated order. Then proceeded to argue with us all through the night and told one of our party that we were 'taking the piss' in asking for a free pint to try and make the situation better.

Such a bad place and such rude staff. For people in customer service, they had no skills.

Avoid like the plague.