“Always a great experience”

Galvin at Windows Restaurant
Ranked #212 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$38 - US$270
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Awarded a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes for its impeccable cuisine and ambience, the spectacular 28th floor panorama over the London skyline may have made Galvin at Windows a destination restaurant, but the inspired menu of modern French haute cuisine makes it impossible to overlook. The most talked about restaurant in London, Galvin at Windows has a glamourous interior blending the golden age of the 1930s with a modern theme. Together with Head Chef Joo Won, acclaimed Chef-Patron Chris Galvin has prepared a straightforward range of classic dishes that are ideally suited to the elevated Mayfair surroundings. The neighbouring bar boasts an impressive collection of whisky and cognac alongside classic and contemporary cocktails served on the rare Italian Saint Laurent marble bar top, which adds to the seductive atmosphere of the room. Whether you need to impress an important client or want to enjoy an intimate dinner for two, Galvin at Windows will offer you an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A location with stunning views across the west end of London, a great menu - which never fails to impress - and attentive staff. A really knowledgeable Sommelier who helps navigate the extensive wine list. Definitely somewhere for a romantic evening, business lunch or entertaining friends from abroad,

Hilton_ParkLane, Manager at Galvin at Windows Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Ian C

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read your positive comments about your dining experience here at Galvin at Windows. Thank you for your kind comments about the impressive menu and attentive staff.

We pride ourselves on the standard of our service and cuisine so I am delighted that this was aptly displayed upon your recent visit.

I will be passing your kind comments directly onto the Galvin at Windows team,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Galvin at Windows Restaurant

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I visited yesterday to celebrate a girlfriends 60th, there were 8 of us and we had a wonderful time, delicious food, cocktails, wine. Great view and friendly super service. They organised the most delicious birthday cake, mango and raspberry.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This restaurant is on the 28th floor of the London Hilton on Park lane and it has everything for a celebration! This lovely restaurant has double aspect views all over London (our table overlooked Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey).
We had an Amazon special voucher menu @ £29 per head which included a Bellini cocktail.
The food was lovely (but small portions adequate for us but maybe a bit small for a man!)
The the waiters were excellent, friendly and attentive. We had a nice bottle of white wine (sorry but I can't remember which one) and coffee served with chocolates. (our extras with service came to £67 which we thought was fair given the level of enjoyment).
There was a group of about twenty people celebrating a wedding, they really looked like they were having a wonderful time!
If you don't want to eat here you can have cocktails in the adjacent bar...Highly recommended for a very nice experience especially if you get bargain vouchers like us.

Hilton_ParkLane, Manager at Galvin at Windows Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Christine T

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read such fantastic comments about your dining experience here at Galvin at Windows. Thank you for you kind comments about the ‘friendly and attentive’ staff.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the current Amazon special offer and felt tit was good value for money.

I will be passing your comments directly onto the Galvin at Windows team.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have been coming to Windows for many years and always amazed at how fabulous each visit is.

I don't even know where to start the food, quality, service and the reconigition I receive, even though I don't visit that often. 5***** every time I have visited.

Andrew and his team make you feel so special but they are also not overbearing which is so clever and many restaurants fail here. Never rushed and they also go along at your speed.

Such a great choice of foods and wine. 5* lunch or dinner whichever you choose and also has excellent views of London so when booking try for a window table. So much better than the Shard!!

Definitely 1 of the best places to go in London for a meal!

Well done to you all at Windows!!

Best regards

Simon Sherlock

Dear E N

Thank you very much for your recent review.

It is fantastic to read such positive comments about your dining experience here at Galvin at Windows as a returning guest. Thank you for you kind comments about the ‘’5*****' service and cuisine!

I will be passing your comments directly onto Andrew and the team.

It’s a pleasure to have you and your guests here on each visit, and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wanted to eat here for a while so chose it for my birthday, great sunny evening and the views were amazing. Service was good with polite staff, but not as attentive or 'special' as elsewhere. Our party of 4 opted for the tasting menu and wine pairing, we had quite a wait between some courses, food was very good but not memorable and the wait detracted somewhat, the quantity of wine poured was not was much as at other restaurants and the selection not as special as I would have expected. All in all good but it was the company i was with that made the night and not the food or experience. Bar after was convent but very busy and service slow and poor with incorrect drinks being served.

Personally my partner and I really like Launceston Place and wished we had returned there instead in terms of food and service.