“Just don't get it”

My Old Dutch Pancake House
Reserve with OpenTable
My Old Dutch Pancake House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,734 of 22,797 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
London, United Kingdom
“Just don't get it”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Having spent a great deal of time in the Kings Road over the years I have always passed My Old Dutch and said I must try it one day, yesterday was that day and what a disappointment.

I went with a party of 10 of mixed age from 8-50 and it is good they have tables to accommodate groups of that size which is probably the only positive of the evening.

The menu is bizarre, basically think of a cuisine - indian, Greek or Chinese, then imagine placing that food on a pancake used like a pizza base and serving

The portions are big, served on huge delft plates but is stodgy and relatively tasteless, looks like a pizza, wish I had a pizza!

Service is hit and miss, the first person served had finished with 2 people still waiting to be served

Food is cheap, for 10 it was just over £200 with drinks but if I am honest not value for money as for flavour and texture I just don't get it, sorry

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NWL72

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
“Big portion & good food!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was our 1st time to My Old Dutch. We miss the American breakfast ever since we moved to London 3 1/2 years ago. Fortunately, we found this place. We ordered our food & didn't expect to see such a big portion of our food. Usually, the portion size here in England is smaller than in the US. Anyway, we'd a wonderful meal which energized our day.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mel168
Bedale, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place, fantastic food”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Have visited this restaurant many times. The food is really nice and staff are very friendly. Good value for money

• Visited February 2013
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Nice concept, great staff, food ok”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Dropped in having heard great things about the My Old Dutch pancakes and wasn't disappointed; I ordered a sweet pancake with maple syrup and butter which was a good size and well cooked. Nicely presented on big china plates too. Soup to start was a little bland and unimaginative though - could have been much better. Overall good value at just over a tenner including tip - staff deserved this, they were charming....

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Pancakes are the best”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Best place to get either sweet or savoury pancakes in a duth themed environment

Must go restaurant and lovely staff will be going back

• Visited December 2013