“Great start to my day”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: We are 2 minutes walk from Marble Arch - Central Line and 5 minutes walk from Bond Street - Jubilee Line. There are many buses close by as we are 2 minutes walk from Oxford Street.
Description: Offering views over Portman Square, The Montagu provides a vibrant setting for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and weekend brunch, with live music offered during dinner and weekend brunch. With its striking open kitchen and Chef's Table from which guests can enjoy front-row seats to the kitchen, this buzzing restaurant offers a wide range of British and European dishes prepared using only the finest seasonal ingredient. Emerging from established relationships between the restaurant and local, award-winning suppliers and independent British farms, The Montagu has been able to carefully select an array of vibrant seasonal ingredients, in order to craft a series of sumptuous dishes for the new summer menu. A full à la carte menu is offered alongside a set menu for lunch Monday to Friday and for daily dinner. The set menu is priced at £25 for two courses and £30 for three courses.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Breakfast here is excellent, service was impeccable. I really like the open kitchen concept. Food was good.

Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you very much for your very nice feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon. Also, on your next stay I would like to recommend you to try our Saturday New York Italian Style Brunch, which includes unlimited Prosecco, Italian Wines, Bloody Marys and delicious buffet style food for £59 per person.

There are newer reviews for The Montagu

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had lunch here in early March. The restaurant is immediately to the front of the hotel on the left hand side as you enter the main lobby area, and the frontage to the street gives it a light and airy feel. Tables are well spaced out - and it was cool that you can see right through to the chef's preparing the food. Food was really tasty and very well presented- had a great goat's cheese mousse/beetroot salad for starter, which was presented like a dish on Masterchef ! Main was the black sussex bream fillet (although it wasn't black !) with a couple of sides.

Food was very tasty, nice atmosphere for lunch and presentation was good. Minor quibble was that there only appeared to be one person serving several tables and the water on our table took some time to be refilled.

An expensive treat but worth saving up for !

Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit at The Montagu. Thank you very much for all your positive comments which I have shared with the restaurant team and our Chefs. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your meal and atmosphere of the restaurant. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the service.
Also, I would like to recommend you to experience our Saturday New York Italian Style Brunch, which includes unlimited Prosecco, Italian Wines, Bloody Marys and delicious buffet style food for £59 per person.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked into the Montagu because of a deal we found on Book a table and we were not disappointed. A lovely greeting when we arrived and we're shown straight to our seats. The meal was excellent, very lovely food and excellent service. The pianist that played through dinner was a lovely touch, we would definitely return.

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn all your positive comments which I have shared with the restaurant team and our Chefs. We are very pleased that you found our restaurant according to your expectations and you found our service excellent. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your meal by choosing good value set menu.
Also, I would like to recommend you to try our Champagne Sunday Brunch, which includes Champagne, Premium wines, soft drinks and a fantastic selection of buffet style food for £65 per person.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to try the Montagu due to the 3 courses and champagne offer. The service was excellent throughout, really friendly. The atmosphere wasn't great though, there was a 40th birthday in the function room next door which was booming out music - fair play, they were having a good time, but it was pretty annoying when trying to enjoy a fairly posh dinner!

I had the Lobster Bisque to start: fairly poor, too salty. My partner had the ham hock terrine - again, not great.

For mains she had the bangers and mash which were excellent apparently. I chose the battered fish which was basically Wetherspoons standard. Greasy and tasteless, with chips that were lukewarm.

The pudding of honeycomb ice cream was nice however.

All in all not bad, but at 90 quid including a bottle of the house white, not very good value considering the limited selection available and average food. Excellent service though, really nice staff.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit in The Montagu. Thank you very much for all your positive comments which I have shared with the restaurant team. We are very pleased that you found our service excellent. I appreciate your comments in regards to the quality of the dishes that you had ordered. I have also shared your feedback with our Executive Chef.
I hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you the next time at The Montagu, where you can contact me directly and I will assure that your experience will be up to our standards.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We went to the montagu after a visit to the theatre. I had previously booked a special deal for three courses and a glass of champagne. as we arrived early, we went for drinks in the bar, very enjoyable with lovely staff who discreetly topped up the nibbles while we enjoyed the surroundings. Dinner was lovely, enjoyed against a backdrop of piano music. Some reviews have mentioned the size of the portions. ours were more than adequate and beautifully presented Again, the service was excellent, and we were at no point made to feel 'second best' because we had booked a special offer. All in all we had a brilliant day and hopefully will return

Thank you very much for your very nice feedback. I have already shared all the comments with the team, and we are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our good value set menu. I appreciate to learn that you found the portions and selection of dishes to be excellent, adequate and beautifully presented. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon