“Special Xmas treat”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: We are 2 minutes walk from Marble Arch - Central Line and 5 minutes walk from Bond Street - Jubilee Line. There are many buses close by as we are 2 minutes walk from Oxford Street.
Description: Offering views over Portman Square, The Montagu provides a vibrant setting for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and weekend brunch, with live music offered during dinner and weekend brunch. With its striking open kitchen and Chef's Table from which guests can enjoy front-row seats to the kitchen, this buzzing restaurant offers a wide range of British and European dishes prepared using only the finest seasonal ingredient. Emerging from established relationships between the restaurant and local, award-winning suppliers and independent British farms, The Montagu has been able to carefully select an array of vibrant seasonal ingredients, in order to craft a series of sumptuous dishes for the new summer menu. A full à la carte menu is offered alongside a set menu for lunch Monday to Friday and for daily dinner. The set menu is priced at £25 for two courses and £30 for three courses.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Special Xmas treat”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice place to soend your xmas eve dinner. Food quality is nice and the atmosphere was very Xmas@

Visited December 2013
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to review your visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn all your positive comments, which I have shared with the restaurant and team and the chefs.
I hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you the next time at The Montagu on Christmas or different occasion.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Mount Sinai, New York
“Very average”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very average hotel restaurant that is short staffed.Very average food Only visit there if you are at the hotel and do not have a choice.

Visited May 2014
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit in The Montagu. I am very sorry to hear that you found our service short stuffed and the food was average. I hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you the next time at The Montagu, where you can contact me directly and I will assure that your experience will be up to our standards.

Southampton
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Second time here for afternoon tea and to be honest I wasn't as impressed as before.
I found the whole experience lost kudos as the service lacked warmth. Please tell you staff to smile and inject some personality. Kept waiting for our tea . Not sure if this was due to a later booking and the fact that the staff were tired.
Service aside we opted for the sex in the city option which was good but having been before I feel the standard tea is better value. The pastries weren't as fancy as before. In fact the quality of the biscuits was poor.
That said the ambience of the place can't be faulted though I left feeling a big disappointed. Come on hyatt get those staff to perform better.

• Visited June 2014
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit in The Montagu. I am very sorry to learn about your Afternoon Tea experience in The Montagu was not impressed as before. I have addressed your comments with our Executive Chef and the restaurant team.

London, United Kingdom
“Good choice”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent service and very good food in a lovely location. We went on a deal which provided excellent value. A very nice evening made more enjoyable by the faultless service.

• Visited August 2013
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn all your positive comments which I have shared with the restaurant team and our Chefs. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our good value set menu and you had a nice evening. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon.
Also, I would like to recommend you to try our Champagne Sunday Brunch, which includes Champagne, Premium wines, soft drinks and a fantastic selection of buffet style food for £65 per person.

London, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Dinner here using the voucher was excellent, the waiters were attentive but not obtrusive, Harry was knowledgeable about menu, helpful with food choice, he made the evening special with his friendly helpful service.
Food was well presented and tasted very good, was served hot and it was interesting watching the chefs in the kitchen preparing the meals.
A lovely relaxing evening meal with excellent staff and food.

• Visited June 2014
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to review your visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn about you found our service and food excellent. I have shared your comments with the restaurant team and our Chefs.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon.

The Montagu

Been to The Montagu? Share your experiences!