“Very Good Experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: We are 2 minutes walk from Marble Arch - Central Line and 5 minutes walk from Bond Street - Jubilee Line. There are many buses close by as we are 2 minutes walk from Oxford Street.
Description: Offering views over Portman Square, The Montagu provides a vibrant setting for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and weekend brunch, with live music offered during dinner and weekend brunch. With its striking open kitchen and Chef's Table from which guests can enjoy front-row seats to the kitchen, this buzzing restaurant offers a wide range of British and European dishes prepared using only the finest seasonal ingredient. Emerging from established relationships between the restaurant and local, award-winning suppliers and independent British farms, The Montagu has been able to carefully select an array of vibrant seasonal ingredients, in order to craft a series of sumptuous dishes for the new summer menu. A full à la carte menu is offered alongside a set menu for lunch Monday to Friday and for daily dinner. The set menu is priced at £25 for two courses and £30 for three courses.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was very good. The menu had a lot of options and offerings. My wife and I both enjoyed our selections. Can't really ask for more.

Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to review your and your wife visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn about you found our menu has a good selection of food for your taste. I have shared your comments with the restaurant team and our Chefs.
Also, I would like to recommend you to try our Champagne Sunday Brunch, which includes Champagne, Premium wines, soft drinks and a fantastic selection of buffet style food for £65 per person.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

typical hotel food....the place was always packed with people and loud. The food was your typical hotel food and the staff seemed overwhelmed at all times

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit in The Montagu. I am very sorry to learn about you found our restaurant staff and atmosphere overwhelmed. I have shared your comments with the restaurant team and I hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you the next time at The Montagu, where you can contact me directly and I will assure that your experience will be up to our standards.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Ate dinner because it was close. Good food, but staff was uninterested and seemed bored. Cost is what you'd expect for a hotel.

Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit in The Montagu. I am very sorry to learn about you found our service not attentive. I have shared your comments with the restaurant team and I hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you the next time at The Montagu, where you can contact me directly and I will assure that your experience will be up to our standards.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We have just had lunch at the Montagu restaurant and what a lovely meal we had. It also has a good vegan menu, not just a token gesture but with three course options! The atmosphere was really nice, the staff were excellent and friendly. The waitress explained things to us, and was extremely helpful. The kitchen was open for all to see but with great ventilation no kitchen smells were present! Great to see a working kitchen in the background. The menu had a good range and the prices were very good value. We will definitely go back.

Thank you very much for taking time to review your visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn about all your positive comments which I have shared with the restaurant team and our Chefs. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our vegan set menu and you had a nice lunch. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Montagu again very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were left alone to enjoy a meal with old friends, with a minimum of interruptions and discreet service. The food was delicious and the surroundings truly lovely.
Our only complaint was the volume of noise generated by other patrons - a ladies luncheon and the REALLY loud celebration of a delegation from Malawi.

1  Thank Lynne R
Carlos V, Manager at The Montagu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent visit at The Montagu. I appreciate to learn all your positive comments. I am very sorry to learn about your experience in The Montagu was spoilt by volume of noise generated by other table. I have addressed your comments with our Executive Chef and the restaurant team.