“Good location for an after work drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Vintry

The Vintry
Ranked #3,421 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$32 - US$45
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Serving wholesome food in the heart of the City, The Vintry is a comfortable and relaxing restaurant for a weekday lunch or a break from the sights. Modern European dishes are prepared with an appetising twist, including calf's liver with pancetta and beetroot and ricotta ravioli. The shiny industrial interior is lightened by informal staff and warm furnishings. Additionally, there are a great range of wines available.
London, UK
“Good location for an after work drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I went to the Vintry with some colleagues for a beer after work. I am no connoisseur of beer so I can't comment on the choice but my friends seemed to enjoy it. The bar seems to have been recently refurbished. You can drink at the bar, there are tables designed for drinkers and there are also tables where they serve proper meals. I like this bar because there is plenty of seating so you don't have to drink standing up!!! It is quite good for a business meeting although it can get noisy when it is busy.

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great for after work drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Probably the best pub in the Cannon Street area, great selection of beers served by friendly staff this is the only place I think of if I have to meet up with friends when in the area. Haven't tried the food yet but it always looks tasty and it must be as they seem to serve lots of it at all times of the day

Wageningen, The Netherlands
“Lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I attended a work pre-Christmas party drinks at the Vintry and we were all impressed with the atmosphere and good wine.

Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere - fab Xmas lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I really enjoyed our Chrsitmas lunch here and would highly recommend the venue. The atmosphere was great and the service was excellent. The food was very good and I was particularly impressed by the very good quality Elf hats! All in all a really good experience and a great way to start the festivities!

Kent, United Kingdom
“Is it as good ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times but this is the first time since the major makeover. Seating was too close together for my liking as this was a business lunch and we found it difficult to have a real conversation as it was also ver noisy. The food was fine and the wine was good with good service overall. Our third bottle of wine was badly opened and my guest ended up with a large piece of fork in his glass. We started with some olives and bread and when there was just one olive left one waitress did the right thing on several occasions and left the olive with us but then another waitress whipped it away without even asking if we had finished. The one thing that did annoy me was a guy on the next table was smoking a very very vaporous electronic cigarette billowing vapour all over us. This really annoys me and something that will stop me returning as the restaurant didn't seem to worry about it.

Visited December 2013