“Do staff only get a job here if arrogant?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Alphabet Bar

Alphabet Bar
Ranked #16,069 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$59
Good for: Bar Scene
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Since its launch in 1997, Alphabet Bar has been a defining venue that helped establish the modern London bar scene, always a favourite Soho hangout, it provides a laid back contemporary atmosphere that is perfect for the workers and residents of Soho.Refurbished with love in January 2011 it’s now ready for its next exciting stage.By day Alphabet creates a friendly and relaxing environment in which to enjoy freshly prepared food, stop for a coffee or have a cheeky drink, by night Alphabet winds up and is ready to party.
“Do staff only get a job here if arrogant?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Agree with other reviews. Popped in for a drink and some food, guy behind bar was wonderfully rude. Really average now quite tatty place so I could get the arrogance if it was special. We walked out and so glad we did - happened upon Vinoteca few doors down. What a contrast. Manager couldn't have been nicer , lovely food and of course great wine.

Visited April 2013

London
“Rudest staff ever....manager even worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had a party here and we spent about £3k that night yet got the rudest staff ever. Ignored people waiting at the bar and when I asked for a drink, the manager said ' you need to learn to speak up then'.
Could be a great place but until they change the staff...don't bother

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“worst customer service & rude staff ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Although we had a great time as it was a party & we were all among friends......the staff are rude, unwelcoming and downright obnoxious. The manager saw me waiting at the bar for a drink and said 'yes - what do you want' ...I replied that I'd been waiting for ages and he said....then you should speak up then'.. He was arrogant, rude and basically up his own you know what. The bar maid came out from behind the bar to get glasses and basically shoved everyone out of the way and was rude and stuck up.

The prices are not cheap and the service rubbish. I've never known a place where ALL the staff are so rude.

My group spent about £3k that night and got no thanks, no welcome and just rudeness.

Don't bother going here ......they are not worth spending your money on.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Turn the music down !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I only went for a drink prior to an art opening on the same street : 6pm, lights go low (impossible to read a paper, I was waiting for someone) music goes up and suddenly it may as well be a nightclub. When my friend arrived shortly after we left and went to a nice pub over the road where the drinks were cheaper and it was possiible to talk.
Not on my recommended list.

• Visited April 2012
Corton Denham Somerset
“Unwelcoming & Unwilling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

5pm Wednesday Afternoon - Only people in the bar. Friends of mine had arrived before me and ordered cocktails - 2 Mojitos, 2 Mint Juleps & a Caiparinha. I went to the bar picked up a cocktail list, found it to be large so asked for an Old Fashioned and before I could ask to have it with a good peated whisky was told in a very brusk, uncaring and condescending tone they don't do old fashions by a bloke wearing a swiss flag t-shirt with arms crossed and not approaching the bar to assist me in suggesting something that was on the list. I said 'There's nothing like pleasing a customer' to which he retorted 'Company Policy - can't do anything thats not on the list' I replied ' Thats not a great policy then' He, cocky as ever replied ' Not my company' and continued to stand arms crossed 2 ft from his side of the bar. Very well I thought, if you are going to be like that I won't bother myself with ordering a drink. I sat with my friends until they finished their cocktails and then we moved onto somewhere with immaculate service and fantastic cocktails being Milk & Honey.
I work in hospitality on a daily basis running bars and restaurants, I have never posted a negative comment on Trip Advisor as every place has an off day but the attitude & service from this guy was diabolical and he should be ousted from the industry and should never be allowed back through it's doors. If you are the owner of this bar I would be very worried leaving him to be your ambassador.

• Visited January 2012