“One of the best restaurants in Central London”
Review of Ayoush - CLOSED

Ayoush
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Recently refurbished into a stylish, elegant and vibrant venue over two floors with downstairs "caves" perfect for groups. Serving modern North African food from a changing menu, Ayoush is situated in Mayfair, just minutes from bustling Oxford Street. The outside street terrace is very popular to take lunch, mint tea or shisha during the day. Belly dancers perform Friday and Saturday evenings for diners to enjoy or even join in! The menu features favourites such as tagines, couscous, kebabs, salads, fresh fish and grilled meatsand the venue is well known for its Mezze menu. A full bar menu, wine and coffee menu with signature cocktails
“One of the best restaurants in Central London”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

God value for money! Great atmosphere for the house lovers.
Martin the bartender... FANTASTIC! makes a great whisky/celery mix!
Niko the general manager... The restaurant couldn't be ran by a better individual!
Belly Dancer was the icing on the cake!

• Arabic first
London
“Don't waste your money. Overpriced for poor quality and bland food”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This is probably the worst Arabic food I have eaten. It started off with the orange juice which was horrible. I don't mind paying £4.50 for juice but let it be fresh !
Then we got the mains. Cubed chicken with microwaved rice. Not impressed. Chicken was well cooked but I was also given a small bowl of microwaved rice with salad covered in mayonnaise. All in all it was quite bland abd extremely over priced. I would not be going back. I've had much better Lebanese and Arabic food for a fraction of the price. Again it's central London where they don't try to hard :O

AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Hi

I'm equally as shocked! We have been getting great reviews recently and this one is just out the blue. I'm sorry about the orange juice... the £4.50 IS fresh and you must have been served the £2.50 juice instead. I owe you £2.00 and an apology and would be happy to make it up to you more if you give Ayoush a chance!

We do try extremely hard to ensure that the food, drink and service is up to scratch and I hope that you would engage with me in private correspondence so that we can identify when you were with us and take all necessary steps to learn from your experience.

My email is info@ayoush.com - hope to hear from you
London, United Kingdom
“Food as good as in Morocco”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Before my trip to Morocco I discovered this restaurant on a visit to London but was unsure about visiting on my own. However after my trip I was very keen to go to a Moroccan restaurant in London to compare and relive the pleasant memories. I had the opportunity by chance with a companion and was very impressed by the lunchtime menu , as many of the dishes were ones I had tasted in Morocco. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly after discovering I had tasted the real thing! My expectations were not disappointed as I enjoyed the aubergine tahini, vegetable pastilla and pistachio pudding. I will certainly recommend it to my fellow UK travellers. and perhaps I will visit again in the evening. Shakram!

AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi

Afwan! Hope to repeat the experience again next time you visit

Tarek
essex, england
“Brilliant evening”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Ayoush is a super gem in the heart of London.
I had drinks here a few months before and really wanted to visit again.
The staff are very helpful, friendly and attentive. We dined in the restaurant downstairs which has a fabulous atmosphere, the bar staff were wonderful and created a cocktail for me as I couldn't decide what to have.
Nothing was too much trouble. The food was absolutely delicious. The music just right....with wonderful mixes of current genres.
We were entertained by the belly dancer, who was lovely and everyone had a go.
The whole evening was fun and we will be coming back again and again.

AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review!

We can't wait to have you back and make up some more cocktails!
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great cavernous atmosphere in the downstairs section”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very pleased with Ayoush. I had a birthday party with several guests, the service was friendly, patient and quick. Booking and organising was easy through the contacts on the website, who followed up with several calls to make sure all details were clear.
We thought the food was delicious, presentation was great too. Cocktails were different and creative.
Belly dancer was a highlight for the boys! (don't know if she performs on week nights ?)

AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your positive review Christo!

We enjoyed the night too and look forward to having you as a regular in our cocktail den.

The bellydancer graces us with her swaying hips in Fridays and Saturdays but can be summoned with 24 hrs notice by rubbing the magic lamp located in our reception area. Call for details and sorry, bellydancer not available for takeaway.