“Bit pricey, but worth it!!”
Review of Hunters of Cockfosters - CLOSED

Hunters of Cockfosters
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Lovely light and airy restaurant. Super staff and great service. Friday and Saturday MUST book as it gets very busy.

1  Thank Champagne27_12

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Myself and 3 friends found ourselves rather unexpectedly at this restaurant on Sunday, after our lunch reservation at another establishment was suddenly cancelled due to a power cut. None of us had been to Hunters before, but we were warmly greeted, and soon made to feel comfortable at our table. All the staff were outstandingly professional and friendly, providing an all round excellent level of service. The food was delicious, with an amazing amount of choice. The portions were good and everything was cooked to a high standard. We all went for the set lunch menu which was brilliant value. It was a lovely surprise to find such a delightful restaurant by accident! I would definitely like to return to Hunters.

1  Thank Wildhat
Reviewed 1 November 2013

'Atrocious' was the word used by one of our party to describe the food at this restaurant visited on thursday 31st October. I know it was Halloween, but this shocker was unexpected.
Having read the rave reviews of the place on your site I was really looking forward to my visit with three others, all of us regular restaurant-goers. Have the reviewers giving rave reviews not been anywhere else to eat in the past thirty years?
Once you arrive it is like stepping back thirty years to the seventies and early eighties. The decor is mock-Roman with chintzy murals on the walls. You see things that seem to have disappeared from modern restaurants: butter rolls, fish knives, melba toast, sweet trolley. Ah the reminiscences....
The staff were excellent by the way: my argument is with the food and its poor quality.
I chose as a starter 'Tuna Tempter' and was amazed to find myself with dry tinned tuna and some sliced onion on a piece of lettuce. Avoid at all costs! My main was Cod Mornay which was hot but devoid of any taste or flavour. I could have been eating anything really. The spinach, and other vegetables around the table had been overcooked to submission. One of our party had the trout which was certainly dead and had dried out. The salmon had fared little better, but the fillet steak was said to be OK.
No puddings were had from the trolley (old favourites like fruit salad, gateau and cakes were on it) since we were loathe to spend any more money with them.
If this restaurant has won awards for cooking I would hate to see the ones that were unsuccessful.
I categorically ascertain that this is NOT the best restuarant in London: it might not be the best restaurant in that road.

1  Thank rlaikin
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a meal there recently early one Saturday evening. The service was excellent. The set meal was very good and good value. Staff were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This has to be the best restaurant in London. Wonderful food, wonderful service, exceptional in every way. The home made pâté is to die for, the main course selection is extensive but I would recommend the tournedos Rossini and the desert trolley is amazing so made sure you have room for it! The waiters were attentive but not intrusive. Overall, and exceptional dining experience.

1  Thank Kim C