“wonderful afternoon tea!”

Ranked #3,782 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Bringing the best produce to the beautiful setting of Kingsway Hall, the Harlequin Restaurant offers diners fine seasonal British dishes in relaxed, bright and welcoming surroundings. The Harlequin Restaurant offers a fabulous buffet breakfast selection, Express Lunch, Elegant Afternoon Tea through to the Chef's Dinner Menu. Harlequin Restaurant is also available for daily private hire, an ideal option for large groups, birthday celebrations, hen parties and other special occasions.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

One of my best friends and I visited London in June 2014, and found this restaurant, on the ground floor of Kingsway Hall Hotel, near Holborn station. We each had afternoon tea - the restaurant is open solely for afternoon tea from 1-5 on Sunday, and we had a selection of sandwiches to start, a scone with cream and jam and some pastries and desserts.

We were very kindly offered free extras of pastries and desserts if we wished - and we did! Indulged on macarons, a slice of an Opera cake, a fruit tart and many more.

Really good value for money, and a great experience!

Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Osalinda,

Greetings !!

Thank you very much for your visit to Harlequin restaurant for your afternoon tea . I am delighted to read your feedback & would surely pass the comment to my pastry chef . Our scones, Pastries along with sandwiches are done inhouse by our Kitchen team & of course everything is baked fresh on the day .

We hope that you come back soon

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went for dinner with my wife n kids . The place was pleasant open n not conjusted . The food was delicious n service was impeccable . Special thanks to reyaz for organising kids meal for my kids . My price is good value . Staff know what they sell . Only downside is I did not get the table overlooking the street . Otherwise great .

Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Bablu S,

Thank you very much for visiting Harlequin restaurant & lovely feedback . We are excited to learn that you & your family enjoyed the dinner at the Harlequin . Please accept my apology since we were unable to offer window table to you, but certainly feel free to contact us next time & ask for window table while booking .

We look forward to see you again in the Harlequin .

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Last week, I had dinner at Harlequin restaurant. It was an amazing experience! The food was really good. It looked nice and it tasted just as nice as it looked. We also had a bottle of wine, which tasted really good. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great. I want to thank the staff for this lovely evening (especially Davinia and Fillipinno). It's been a while for me being served by such good waiters, they definitely know how to pamper their guests. They were really thoughtful, nice and they had good knowledge of the menu and gave us some great recommendations. If you go to London, you should definitely visit this restaurant. Thank you!

Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear AllenK,

Greetings from London !!

Thank you very much for visiting Harlequin restaurant for your dinner . I along with with my team members are very much excited to read your comment . I have passed on your message & a lovely thank you to Davinia & Randy for excellent job done.

We endevour to achieve excellence always & feedback from guest is a motivational factor for us to keep excelling in our goals

We wish you visit Harlequin whenever you are in London next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is my 2nd visit for afternoon tea to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was just as good as last time ( with a girlfriend). The staff are helpful and courteous and happy to leave out any sandwiches and replace with more of another. We were offered more cakes and scones but there are more than enough! We had the Wimbledon Afternoon Tea. Located right by Covent Garden. Very child friendly as well!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Located a 5 minute walk from Holborn station, the Harlequin Restaurant is a great option for anyone wanting to try high tea in downtown London for a reasonable price. At a mere 23 pounds per person (including gratuity added in at the end) my friends and I had a fantastic experience at the Harlequin Restaurant. The afternoon tea is a set menu that lets you pick from about 10 teas, and includes a variety of finger foods including sandwiches, pastries, and scones. If you wanted more scones, hot water for your tea, or pastries it was free of charge and only additional sandwiches cost extra. But for my group of four the sandwiches provided were more than enough. What I enjoyed most about the Harlequin Hotel experience however was the atmosphere. Located in a room I can only describe as open and ritzy, my friends and I got to enjoy watching the hustle and bustle of the London city on an afternoon from behind large glass windows. Additionally, or perhaps more importantly, we didn't feel rushed. The staff let us stay literally over three hours. Overall, I would say for the price and the experience of high tea it's a great place to go. I cant speak to other peoples experience but mine was positive and so I recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank Geographer54
Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Geographer54 ,

Greetings !!

Thank you very much for visiting Harlequin restaurant & posting such lovely comment. Our afternoon tea is the most valued afternoon tea in Central London. We pride ourselves in what we do , Our restaurant indeed has a very relaxed ambience & guest feel very comfortable once they step in from the hustle & bustle of Covent garden.

We are very much delighted to read your comment & hope to see you again.