“Delicious Food and Cozy Atmosphere ”
Review of Scalini

Scalini
Ranked #1,667 of 27,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The seafood salad, tiramisu and the smoked salmon appetizer are highly suggested. Nice atmosphere with a classic Italian touch.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It was one of my favorite restaurants to go to every time I Am in London however I must say the staff are not as friendly as they used to be . My 2 year old fell from the chair booster no one even asked if he was ok as a matter of fact Roberto I am guessing the Resturant’s manager said it was my sons fault . The least u can do is get proper high chairs!!! And make sure he is ok !

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Scalini is one of my favorites since I was a kid!
The tomotoes and oil, the Parmesan with the baguette are my favorite to start my meal.
The veal escalope is to die for! Melts in the mouth and has a great flavor. Combined with the spaghetti pomodoro it’s a yum yum combination.
The spaghetti tastes soooo good.
The crab spaghetti is also a must.
For Tiramisu lovers, Scalini’s tiramisu is not to be missed
Let’s not forget the friendly service and the amazing welcoming

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Scalinis is a bit of a legend and the food is very traditionally Italian. Service is attentive and efficient. Portions are large and the quality of the ingredients is high. More could be done with these ingredients, because it is very expensive: Grigliata di Mare as a main course is £35, for example, and Insalata di Mare as a starter is £18. It soon racks up. Chianti Classico Riserva comes in at £38 a bottle. The atmosphere is light and airy and the restaurant is generally busy. It's a pleasure to eat here: for the prices charged, I feel more attention to the way the food is prepared is really warranted. A bit more flair and gusto needed. I had a sensation of laurels being rested on.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Having just spent two weeks travelling in rural Italy I have to say that visiting this restaurant really brought me back to the UK with a hard bump!
Unless you really have a fetishist live for 1980's American Italian tomato over everything cuisine....steer clear. Without question the worst Italian food I have come across since about 1990 in Venice...you will know what a low point that is.
Despite the cheesy food this place is still well patronised by wealthy buy aged locals, and the more recent residents from the middle east (of the restaurant)...we assume they both have no where else to go. Try EasyJet instead.

Date of visit: May 2018