“Happy to return again and again”

Rajasthan Restaurant
Ranked #5,509 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: "A new Indian restaurant near to the Walrus and the Carpenter bound to be popular with City boys and girls. An airy restuarant with lots of flowers, plants and Indian paintings and a distinct lack of flocked wallpaper. Charming, friendly waiters are happy to recommend authentic Indian dishes and steer you away from the prawn cocktail de nos jours, the chicken tikka masala - although that's available to unwavering fans. What's cooking? Traditional Indian dishes including all the classics as well as more unexpected items such as mugh-E-Tandoori, a whole poussin or lamb phal, an extra hot dish.
London, United Kingdom
“Happy to return again and again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

For a curry in the city this is a reliable restaurant that I have first visited around a decade ago. I've been quite a few times and cannot remember being disappointed here. I am a big fan of the lamb dishes here, where you are given the option of "standard" or "slow cooked of the bone". Mmm, which one should I go for?? This time my main was a the lamb garlic chilli, as I bottled out of the vindaloo, well I was with a client, next time though! This is one of the few places I go that give you that little extra at the end that is so common abroad, but so few restaurants do so in the UK. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013

Wallasey, United Kingdom
“A good City curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good food, good service, good wine, good price! What more needs to be said?
Other than it being the best located if you've got business in the City of London

Visited July 2013
Northumberland Heath
“A lamb shank to remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Visited one evening with a small group from the office. Kicked off with a prawn puri which was well spiced and most enjoyable. However, what made the meal particularly memorable was the lamb shank. Lots of it, amazingly tender and beautifully flavoured. I know what I'm having when I visit next.

• Visited July 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great food and service from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant from trip advisor based on reasonable reviews and location. We happened to be walking through this part of the city. The reviews did not do this restaurant justice. The food and atmosphere was terrific.

When we arrived, I was a bit apprehensive since there were only 4-5 tables occupied. By the time we finished dinner I think there was only one open table. The food was terrific and flavorful. While yes this spot is pricier than some, the atmosphere was nicer and service top notch.

I would go again and even go out of my way to go there.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Melt in the mouth slow cooked lamb.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Monday night party of 11 - mixed starter for everyone followed by a range of mixedsin dishes. Universal agreement that the food was excellent with particular emphasis on the slow cooked lamb dishes. My Rogan Josh was a pure delight and the lamb so tender that it crumbled with the fork - delicious. Service was attentive, but towards the end of the meal a few of our party felt rushed into finishing their meal. Not the cheapest curry dishes, but for quality highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013