“Exquisite”

Price range: US$36 - US$69
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Like the intricate cosmological model that lends its name, Orrery is redolent with attention to detail and elegance. Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn demonstrates his Michelin-starred pedigree with a contemporary approach to classic French cuisine. Igor has created seasonally changing menus of exceptional quality and full of the tastes of France. Signature dishes include: Escalope of red wine poached duck foie gras, pear & riesling jelly; Pied de cochon farci, pommes mousseline Madeira and truffle; Kentish fillet of lamb, beetroot puree, gratin dauphinois, olive lamb jus; Pannacotta, orange and Champagne terrine, fennel essence.The beautiful dining room at Orrery is the perfect setting for getting together with friends and family or for a formal corporate affair. Also our stunning roof terrace is a fabulous spot for pre lunch or dinner drinks. Alternatively if you are looking for a more intimate setting, the Private Dining Room is the perfect space to enjoy Igor's contemporary French cuisine.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

A must for those who love fine dining. We had the set menu for £30 a head and blew my taste buds away. Great for those that really enjoy good food and service and someting a little bit special. ...on par with the Royal Crescent Hotel in Bath. Visit London visit Orrery!

3  Thank Annette W

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our party of 5 dined at The Orrery on 08 June. We all enjoyed our meals. The set menu was varied and had enough choices for each of us to select something we liked and the restaurant were flexible with the dishes when my daughter asked for something to be left off the plate. Good wine list with plenty of choice for everyones pocket. Food and presentation were excellent as were the waiting staff. I will have no hesitation on recommending to friends and will definately be back with business clients. A real find in quite a nice area of town

1  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First visit to Marylebone High Street. I had a little time to kill before attending a drinks event in the evening so late afternoon wanted somewhere for a snack.
I chose Croque Monsieur and was advised that I would have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for it to be prepared. Took a seat outside to enjoy my drink and really didn't mind the wait as I think this was the best Croque Monsieur I ever had and beautifully presented.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

On walking into the bar to meet friends, Me ' what wine do you have?" Barman 'red or white' Me ' what red or white' Barman ' Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc' and so it continued. No offer of a menu just a question and answer session. It's a good job I know something about wine. Hardly an auspicious introduction to where, from the reviews, is one of the better places to dine out. It's not the first time I have eaten here and based on other reviews I must be missing something. Sure it is classy with reasonable service but at the prices charged in the evening so it should be. Reviewing where one has been is subjective and depends on a number of factors and value for money, even when in my case I was a guest with someone else paying has to come into it. Based on this, whilst I enjoyed the evening I would always choose Bibendum, another Conran restaurant I believe,over Orrery. So to the food. A great starter and that applied to all of us, a rather mixed bag for mains. The lamb I had was beautifully presented and cooked, but why not warm the plates as it soon went cold likewise my colleagues dishes which were generally lamb or fish. As I didn't have a desert what I say is hearsay but all present loved them. The wine list was huge and strangely enough had a list of wines by the glass which seemed to escape the barman. But never mind,the range was good and reasonably priced if £52 for a well balanced NZ Pinot Noir is seen as reasonable. The Jurancon sec is also to be recommended and only £38! Anyway we did enjoy the wines and the sommelier's advice. Perhaps I will have a better experience next time or perhaps I will stick with Bibendum. I think it all depends on who is paying!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dined here on Saturday lunchtime.

Overall, the food was very good, the service was great. Wine good.

little disappointed by them allowing diners to wear football colours, however it was FA Cup final day so will let them off.

Worth a look if you are in Marylebone. There is some pretty stiff competition in the area and the restaurant certainly holds it's own.