“Reasonable”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Paddington Rail and Underground Station Edgware Road Underground Station Lancaster Gate underground Station St.Mary's Bus Stop for 7, 15, 23, 27, 36, 205, 306
Description: Recently refurbished by 2015 RIBA award-winning architects Skene Catling de la Peña and FAR Frohn & Rojas. The new look now features a long bar and a mezzanine level which seats up to 27 people and is available for private hire. The restaurant walls display some of the most iconic photographs of the 20th century, put together by LIFE picture editor John G. Morris. The menu is devised by Head Chef John Edwards (previously at Le Caprice and Soho House), and includes the best of British seasonal ingredients, much of which comes from the owners farm in Ellingham, Norfolk. The other produce is sourced from local, small businesses that retain the Club's high ethical and sustainable mindset. "Small, funky, very focused but rather cool," Peter York, The Independent "Knocks spots off the competition for value. In short, the Frontline is a staggering find: big, grown-up, lots of wood, but light and jolly with just a hint of foreign battles. Classy, but affordable enough to enjoy every day." Giles Coren, restaurant review in The Times.
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Business lunch, had a nice lobster salad, others had similar - cod looked good and a few bottles of sparkling water, coffee, with bread and olives bill for 5 was £130 so top end for what we had. Atmosphere is over 40's!! Quite noisy in a good way, service quick and pleasant. Airy room. I'd not hurry back because there was nothing 'special' about the place. But good enough for a chat and location excellent

1  Thank Deggsy7

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went with a bunch of friends. Both my starter and main were very good. I had a ribeye steak and it is one of the best steaks I have had for a while. Service was a little slow but was made up for by the food.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I met a friend visiting from Canada, who only had a couple of hours before heading off, so used a search engine to find a restaurant near Paddington Station. What a lovely surprise - lovely decor, bright and fresh, lovely food, good staff and a relaxed couple of hours, where we weren't rushed. Clean and elegant - would definitely recommend if you are in a similar situation. Bit out of the way from where I live, so wouldn't necessarily travel all the way there to eat again, but would go if in the area. I had the squid as a main and my friend had the set lunch menu, soup and tagine - both light, healthy and tasty. The meals were about £15/16 each and, once we added on the glass of wine, bread and coffee it was just over £60. Lovely lunch.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not especially busy, good service and ok food. My sole was a little over cooked but my colleague dishes looked good. We had a nice bottle of Chablis to go with it.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A very good birthday meal. My wife had the chicken with garlic mash but my lamb came without any potato for which we were charged an extra £4.00 making it a much more pricey main meal. Nicely presented desserts, helpful staff and good atmosphere