“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of The Frontline Club

The Frontline Club
Ranked #1,637 of 24,015 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Paddington Rail and Underground Station Edgware Road Underground Station Lancaster Gate underground Station St.Mary's Bus Stop for 7, 15, 23, 27, 36, 205, 306
Description: Recently refurbished by 2015 RIBA award-winning architects Skene Catling de la Peña and FAR Frohn & Rojas. The new look now features a long bar and a mezzanine level which seats up to 27 people and is available for private hire. The restaurant walls display some of the most iconic photographs of the 20th century, put together by LIFE picture editor John G. Morris. The menu is devised by Head Chef John Edwards (previously at Le Caprice and Soho House), and includes the best of British seasonal ingredients, much of which comes from the owners farm in Ellingham, Norfolk. The other produce is sourced from local, small businesses that retain the Club's high ethical and sustainable mindset. "Small, funky, very focused but rather cool," Peter York, The Independent "Knocks spots off the competition for value. In short, the Frontline is a staggering find: big, grown-up, lots of wood, but light and jolly with just a hint of foreign battles. Classy, but affordable enough to enjoy every day." Giles Coren, restaurant review in The Times.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I picked this restaurant for a business dinner based on reviews I read. The drinks menu is quirky - I had a gin based drink called the "Rag and Bone" - very London of course! The starters were very good and I had the trout main which was delicious. My American colleague really enjoyed the atmosphere and ambience.
Attentive staff and a real good night all round. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mike w

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We had a business dinner here recently and was once again impressed.

Service has always been superb and combined with interesting food & drink menus and relaxed atmosphere it is a great location.

It is not cheap but the quality of produce and choice counters that. Highly recommended for a special meal or to impress clients.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really liked the food and the atmosphere at Frontline. The pictures on the wall and the dark, sturdy tables and chairs really gave it the feel of a Classic British Restaurant. The food was very much British comfort food and it was delicious.

The staff was also very friendly and told us a lot about the history of the restaurant and the club next to it.

My only complaint was really the pricing. I expect to pay more for, well everything, in London -- but this seemed pricey even by London standards. I would go back if it was going on my expense account, not sure I would go back if I was paying for it.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were staying at the Paddington Hilton and I wanted to find a nice place for us to eat dinner. All the reviews of the Frontline Club I read seemed positive and both my husband and I are photographers so I was intrigued by the history of the Club. We were both very pleased the moment we were seated. The service was attentive and professional, the atmosphere was upscale but comfortable. The menu is varied. I ordered the Spiced Sweetcorn Soup as a starter and it was lovely. My husband had a green salad and was pleased with his choice. For a main dish my husband chose the Rib Eye Steak and said it was one of the best steaks he's had in a long while. I had the Norfolk Lamb and it was tender and delicious. The menu is mostly ala carte and it can get pricey if you add a side or two but the food is well prepared and well worth the cost. We splurged and had dessert and the Strawberry Eton Mess won hands down but the Rice Pudding with Mango puree was also a big hit. I loved the photography on the walls and the clever decor. If I lived in London, The Frontline Club would be a frequent destination.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Business lunch, had a nice lobster salad, others had similar - cod looked good and a few bottles of sparkling water, coffee, with bread and olives bill for 5 was £130 so top end for what we had. Atmosphere is over 40's!! Quite noisy in a good way, service quick and pleasant. Airy room. I'd not hurry back because there was nothing 'special' about the place. But good enough for a chat and location excellent

1  Thank Deggsy7