“Not Giant, but not Miniscule either”
Review of Giant Robot - CLOSED

Giant Robot
Price range: US$22 - US$52
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Transit: Nearest tubes: Farringdon and Old St Nearest bus: Opposite bus routes 55 & 243
Description: Giant Robot is a brand new bar-café-deli-diner in Clerkenwell. We opened on 10 May 2010 and from now on will be serving brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks from 10am till late sevendays a week. If you like your lunch Italian, your brunch American, your dinner relaxed and your beer and cocktails icy cold, you’ll love Giant Robot.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Somewhat inattentive service - it took quite some time for them to work out what tables they had free and it took even longer attracting someone's attention to get a drinks order in. When the bill was later requested the chap who acknowledged my request went on to clear some other tables! He did after some time, look back over at us and apologised that he'd completely forgotten my small request. But it still took him some time to bring eventually bring it out.

Food menu was a little limited. Drinks menu is wide and varied; the drinks we ordered were good.

Not sure that I would rush back, but I wouldn't kick up an argument if I had to.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Visited on a lazy Saturday afternoon and had their rotary burger with bacon. The burger was middling sized, and came with a generous heaping of fries. The burger itself was good - nothing mind blowing, but good enough to warrant repeat visits. Bacon wasn't ridiculously salty or oily, meat was tender and juicy, but not absolutely oozing. The fries were great - shoestring, tasting like the best ever batch of macdonalds fries. I really liked the water they served, which came with lemon and cucumber slices. Service was excellent. I didn't have to ask for water, they brought a jug immediately, and every interaction was cheerful and welcoming. Seems like a place for the relatively young and trendy crowd, and good to hang out for a while chatting and relaxing.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend ordering their classic burger which comes with a special sauce. So so tasty!! I've water hugs with fresh cucumber strips are served complimentary with every meal.

Nice typical diner atmosphere.

Can get really busy for after work drinks.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

About 15 of us headed to the Giant Robot for a group lunch. They took our reservation and handled us quite well. The waitress dealt patiently with our slow ordering process and although busy the food did not take long to arrive.

The food itself was nothing special, however it wasn't bad either. The place doesn't really have that much of an atmosphere.

I wont race about this place but they did handle our big group pretty efficiently and kept us all fairly satisfied!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I'm a big fan of Giant Robot, having visited numerous times. The food is solid, if not spectacular, the brunch is great and is reasonably priced. The cocktails are wonderful, as you would expect from a diner whose stablemate is Milk & Honey. The round things off, the decor and atmosphere is excellent, and the service is usually good.