“A Bit of Hipster Brooklyn in London”
Review of Giant Robot - CLOSED

Giant Robot
Price range: US$22 - US$52
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Transit: Nearest tubes: Farringdon and Old St Nearest bus: Opposite bus routes 55 & 243
Description: Giant Robot is a brand new bar-café-deli-diner in Clerkenwell. We opened on 10 May 2010 and from now on will be serving brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks from 10am till late sevendays a week. If you like your lunch Italian, your brunch American, your dinner relaxed and your beer and cocktails icy cold, you’ll love Giant Robot.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Upon entering I felt like I walked into a hipster palace in NY or East Austin. But despite the risk of pretense, it was fun and the food was very good. My wife and I shared a bottle of wine, a starter of mixed tartines, tortellini and a cobb salad. The music was at just the right volume and the ambience was fun.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends for a nightcap after dinner and had so much fun we ended up staying for many many cocktails. Good value, great service. Excellent music. Try the espresso martini. Love the touch of having pulp romance novels in the loos.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Somewhat inattentive service - it took quite some time for them to work out what tables they had free and it took even longer attracting someone's attention to get a drinks order in. When the bill was later requested the chap who acknowledged my request went on to clear some other tables! He did after some time, look back over at us and apologised that he'd completely forgotten my small request. But it still took him some time to bring eventually bring it out.

Food menu was a little limited. Drinks menu is wide and varied; the drinks we ordered were good.

Not sure that I would rush back, but I wouldn't kick up an argument if I had to.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Visited on a lazy Saturday afternoon and had their rotary burger with bacon. The burger was middling sized, and came with a generous heaping of fries. The burger itself was good - nothing mind blowing, but good enough to warrant repeat visits. Bacon wasn't ridiculously salty or oily, meat was tender and juicy, but not absolutely oozing. The fries were great - shoestring, tasting like the best ever batch of macdonalds fries. I really liked the water they served, which came with lemon and cucumber slices. Service was excellent. I didn't have to ask for water, they brought a jug immediately, and every interaction was cheerful and welcoming. Seems like a place for the relatively young and trendy crowd, and good to hang out for a while chatting and relaxing.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend ordering their classic burger which comes with a special sauce. So so tasty!! I've water hugs with fresh cucumber strips are served complimentary with every meal.

Nice typical diner atmosphere.

Can get really busy for after work drinks.