“Delicious food, quick service”
Review of Taqueria

Ranked #2,898 of 24,109 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$49
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: Taquería started life as a Cool Chile Co stall on Portobello Road, where we serving tacos and aguas frescas to the Mexican starved crowd of Notting Hill. After too many British winters we decided it was time to get in off the street and put a roof over our heads. In 2005 we opened Taquería in Westbourne Grove, where we have stayed warm and dry ever since. Our tacos are, of course, our speciality, served with traditional and modern fillings on our own soft corn tortillas, using free range eggs, chicken, pork and organic milk. We also serve a selection ceviches, tostadas, plus changing specials menu. If you are feeling thirsty, we make a mean hand-shaken margarita and pour a variety of 100% blue agave tequilas, mezcales, micheladas and wines. To find out more, check out our menus.
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My brother fancied Mexican so he googled restaurants and found this one which is supposed to be authentic. Asked us to join. I was a bit dubious as my other half isn't a fan of Mexican food. Well I think he is now! Not only was the food delicious but the service was super quick. We also kept ordering more food to try as the portions were not massive. However, two dishes would have sufficed - we were just being greedy. We had fish and veggie as don't eat meat and it was still good. Drinks were yummy too. Everything freshly made including totopas (nachos) and all delicious. Will be going back again. Oh and you have to have the churros for dessert - they're absolutely heavenly!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hell yeah. Go here. If you like Mexican food and appreciate the work that they put in to cranking out their own tortillas and then filling them with well spiced anything then (once again) go here.

It’s what I remember Mexican food to be like in San Francisco. I’ve missed it and this place hits the spot. Effectively an unassuming little place that is more worthy of praise than most because it’s honest and simple.

If not ever so slightly watery my Pulled Pork Tacos (aka Cochinita Pibil £6.50) were good. My friend’s veggie plate made her happy and we ended with Churros with a Caramel Sauce (£3.60).

Think Mexican Tapas if you go. Get around 2 or 3 dishes each and share. Each plate costing around £6.50. And don’t forget, it’s proper here so no hard shelled tacos to be found.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Really liked this simple and unassuming restaurant.

Good menu and really tasty authentic Mexican food! The service was friendly and prompt and my pork tacos were fantastic. Decently priced meal too but could have done with a bit more on my plate as the portions are quite small.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and will be sure to visit again when I'm in Notting Hill.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Finally, found a place in London that serves good Mexican fare. The restaurant is small and unpretentious, but the food and atmosphere is great, reasonably priced, served promptly with a smile!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

They have a selection of good quality mezcal, and served this with a shot glass of blended whole lime (to take before having the mezcal) and a sofrito chaser (tasted like a concentrated salty and spicy tomato drink which went perfectly with it). About £8 per serving but I could have gone all day long!

The food is simple but very fresh and tasty.

It's child-friendly. There were children everywhere (noisy)! But that added to the atmosphere and fun!

1  Thank u03ekw