“A must, when yo uare in London”
Review of Olivomare

Olivomare
Ranked #2,104 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$96 - US$96
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Paris, France
“A must, when yo uare in London”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Ok, the interior is a bit weird and awkward. However, the quality of the seafood pastas is legendary and the various fish dishes are second to none. Very attentive service and everything at a reasonable price. You must go, if you can get a table....

Hertfordshire
“Well worth getting to know”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We'd never heard of this restaurant when some old friends invited us there. It was excellent. My wife, in particular, loves fish. These fish were some of the freshest you could get. And the choice was great too. Starters and desserts were good - so was the staff and service. A great find and one to which we will return. We liked it very much

Hong Kong, China
“Doesn't get better than this”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

If I were to open an Italian restaurant this would be exactly the menu I'd go for. Fresh seafood cooked in the simplest of ways. Exactly how Italian food should be. Sitting on one of the outdoor tables on a sunny summer evening with a bottle of chilled planeta is pure bliss. Possibly my favourite table in London.

Hong Kong
“Seafood with a difference”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Well, if you are a great fan of seafood and want to try something different, come to this place. The menu is very innovative. Our party of four chose a selection of dishes including octopus and lobster. The food was nicely presented and fresh, but I would not say it was out of this world. A nice Soave helped, as always.

Service was OK, not brilliant. Decor is modern, but with some silly ribbon things hanging from the ceiling - looks to me as if they need cleaning, soon.

As you might expect from anywhere in SW1, this restaurant is not for people on a tight budget. It's OK of course if someone else is paying.........

Paris, France
“exceptionally disappointing”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had been here once before, and I must say that the service was ok with the food very average. I returned here thinking that I must have come on an off night on my first visit, given the glowing reviews this establishment attracts. This time around, the service was shocking and the food inedible. Serving staff were entirely overwhelmed - there was no charm nor warmth in the manner in their welcome. No one spoke about specials, and the focus was clearly on expediting the process as a means of turning over the tables. So, on to the food. I ordered the baby octopus stew to start, served with crostini. The dish arrived looking very tired. The octopus languished in the tepid sauce, and the crostini were thrown on to plate and had already soaked up the liquid -- more mushtini than crostini really. As for the taste, it was like a salt lick, and I would not recommend this dish to anyone with blood pressure issues. My friend order the grilled octopus salad. The fresh octopus, which was well grilled, was completely overpowered by an over-vinegared dressing. For my main - spaghetti with bottarga - a wonderful typical Sardinian dish. Well, I saw the food in the hands of a server who was obviously having a very bad evening. She was yelling at her co-workers and not doing very much serving. When the plate was plopped down in front of me, the pasta was cold, so I sent it back. When it returned, it was still cold, so I sent it back again. By this time, my dinner partner had practically finished his fish stew, which also arrived cold the first time. Yet another server had cleared his plate by the time my pasta arrived, so I ate alone. I wasn't worth the wait. The chef clearly went to the Kraft macaroni and cheese culinary institute, as this is exactly the taste that s/he had replicated in the plate. The bottarga - well a couple of wisps on the pasta, and a few sprinkles around the plate - and the food was cold, again....so, as opposed to eating alone while my friend watched me, I asked for the bill, settled up, and left. Thankfully, London is a city with a rich and diverse culinary culture, so OIivomare can be forgotten without much afterthought.

• Visited June 2013