“Great place for a pint”
Review of Red Lion

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: Traditional English Pub serving lunchtime Bar Snacks
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been coming here for years, a favorite when I worked in London. Despite a disappointment that they do not serve Strongbow I had as always a great time.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The attitude of the supervisor towards his customer was poor, a rude and miserly man. Nothing more to say really, so many other good pubs within 5 minutes walk.

Redlion T, General Manager at Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Sir,

We pride ourselves on the great customer service our guests receive, so I am deeply disapointed to read your reveiw.
I would be very grateful if you would e-mail me more details regarding your experince so I can ensure this doesnt happen again.
I can only appologise to you and hope this wont stop you from giving us another go.

Kind Regards
Sara Bird

redlion.mayfair@fullers.co.uk

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great after-the-office scene. Good beer, good atmosphere. Takes you back. Only thing missing is the cigarette smoke !

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came across this pub by accident as we had been to Fortnum and Masons and it is in the street at the back of the store. What an absolutely beautiful pub it is with gorgeous windows and mirrors. Husband also enjoyed his pint of London Pride. We met one of the regulars who informed us that this was just the very best pub in the whole of London. We agreed with him. He said that he would have liked to introduce us to the Landlady, however it was her day off so he was not able to. Would have liked to have met her to congratulate her on her beautiful clean pub. We will definetly make a point of returning to this pub next time we are in London.

Redlion T, General Manager at Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Im happy to know that my staff and regulars looked after you during your visit to the Red Lion, sorry I wasnt around to meet you, next time you pop in, send us an e-mail at redlion.mayfair@fullers.co.uk
And we will make sure you have a better time.
Kind Regards
Sara Bird
(Landlady)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is both a Good Beer Guide entry, and a "Heritage" Pub. In both cases it doesn't disappoint. The London Pride was excellent, one of the best I had in the capital, and the internal décor is very interesting.

If you like great beer and / or historical buildings, then this is a must visit when in London.