“Worth finding”

Description: Traditional English Pub serving lunchtime Bar Snacks
Devon, UK
“Worth finding”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

15 of us (Morris Dancers) were in London for the Westminster Morris Day of Dance. Having first visited this pub 30 years ago, and knowing my colleagues were fond of good beer, I recommended The Red Lion for our lunch break rather than go to the Wetherspoons pub in Whitehall. I wasn't disappointed and neither were my fellow Morris Dancers.
Good selection of beers on tap (Fullers pub) which were obviously well looked after. The pub isn't big inside, so the 15 of us nearly filled it up, but that wasn't a problem for the staff and added to the atmosphere.
The menu offered a decent range of choices without having to take half an hour to read it and my fish & chips certainly hit the spot.
My fellow Morris Dancers were certainly happy with my recommendation and I am sure there will be some return visits next time any of them are in London.
The staff even joined in with an impromptu dance outside !

• Visited May 2014
Redlion T, General Manager at Red Lion, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hi Guys,

We loved having you here at the Pub, our customers really enjoyed your dancing, especially when you got the staff to join in.
We would love to see you back again next year !!!

All the best

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great place for a pint”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years, a favorite when I worked in London. Despite a disappointment that they do not serve Strongbow I had as always a great time.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good beer spoilt by grumpy rude staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The attitude of the supervisor towards his customer was poor, a rude and miserly man. Nothing more to say really, so many other good pubs within 5 minutes walk.

• Visited May 2014
Redlion T, General Manager at Red Lion, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Sir,

We pride ourselves on the great customer service our guests receive, so I am deeply disapointed to read your reveiw.
I would be very grateful if you would e-mail me more details regarding your experince so I can ensure this doesnt happen again.
I can only appologise to you and hope this wont stop you from giving us another go.

Kind Regards

redlion.mayfair@fullers.co.uk
Lymington, United Kingdom
“A Boozer's Boozer”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great after-the-office scene. Good beer, good atmosphere. Takes you back. Only thing missing is the cigarette smoke !

Visited March 2014
Middlesbrough
“Beautiful pub.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came across this pub by accident as we had been to Fortnum and Masons and it is in the street at the back of the store. What an absolutely beautiful pub it is with gorgeous windows and mirrors. Husband also enjoyed his pint of London Pride. We met one of the regulars who informed us that this was just the very best pub in the whole of London. We agreed with him. He said that he would have liked to introduce us to the Landlady, however it was her day off so he was not able to. Would have liked to have met her to congratulate her on her beautiful clean pub. We will definetly make a point of returning to this pub next time we are in London.

• Visited February 2014
Redlion T, General Manager at Red Lion, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Im happy to know that my staff and regulars looked after you during your visit to the Red Lion, sorry I wasnt around to meet you, next time you pop in, send us an e-mail at redlion.mayfair@fullers.co.uk
And we will make sure you have a better time.
Kind Regards