“good buzz”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 21 January 2015

great stuff. lovely helpful staff- smart glitzy place ;lovely steak ; a warm and glowing experience inside while looking out on a dismal wet Jermyn street in January. good reason to glug lots of their nice house red!

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Rowley's never fails to delight with it's super environment, warm atmosphere and sense of quality. The food is excellent and the staff are friendly, efficient and professional. A place to cherish and enjoy. I've been half a dozen times or more these past ten years and I've never been less than totally impressed.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Rowley's is one of my favourite childhood memories, my dad use to take me and my sister when we were young and I can remember with such delight waiting for our steaks to arrive on a silver platter and placed on top of the big burning flame in the middle of the table (poetic license of youth). Whenever we are in London, we always book a table and it never disappoints. My children are waiting for their first visit with bated breath, which reminds me I must visit London again soon.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Clancy18
Reviewed 12 January 2015

My partner and I visited rowleys between Christmas and the new year with a travelzoo voucher for the chateau briand. We arrived early but it was not a problem and we were seated at a nice table. Throughout the evening the service was impeccable. The steak was cooked to our liking and we loved the hot plate that is brought to the table. The wine we wanted wasn't available but the waiter recommended a good alternative. We had cheese for dessert which was nice but fairly small portions for £9 each. Overall the conclusion that we came to was that the food and service was difficult to fault but we would not be prepared to pay full price for the meal we had.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank loulouEssex
Reviewed 11 January 2015

- Amazing high ceilinged room with lots of light, mirrors & posh decor on 1 of London's more interesting streets.
- Not the best service from the staff, can be moody & some not the best English.
- Small menu with the focus being on the Steak.
- The french fries are good, ( which are as much as u can eat ) salad over priced & consists of nothing more than leaves & to be fair on the last couple of visits I've had better Steak in A Beefeater.
- Overpriced

I have been to this restaurant maybe 7 times over a 20 year period & its a real shame as this place has gone downhill drastically. The room is amazing but the service & food are average. The last time i went we had some sort of voucher which looked a good deal but when the bill came it wasn't such a good deal. Cant remember the ins & outs of the voucher but there was some small print & we came out feeling a little cheated.

Date of visit: February 2014