“Fantastic steak!”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and I decided to give it a go for my anniversary. Moreover I had a voucher with the train tickets. Starters are nothing special but the entrecote and the fillet are to die for! Both were tender and tasty and, thank God, plain so I could really taste the quality of the meat! I would recommend as well the sticky toffee pudding and the homemade ice cream. Overall a very good restaurant but, to my opinion, a bit overpriced, especially the drinks. But it is London...

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Eleven of us met at Rowley's for a family reunion dinner. They made us very welcome (after it became apparent one of our group knew the chef...) and we enjoyed some very lovely food. The chicken liver pate starter was delicious. I followed that with the signature blue cheese burger which was also very nice & their fries were very good indeed. Dessert for me was a disappointment: I didn't rate the chocolate bombe, to be honest. Others availed themselves of the cod & chips: nice but unremarkable, and the signature steak fillet with blue cheese sauce (lovely but seemed a very small portion). A very enjoyable evening (fuelled by plenty of alcohol it must be said) but was it worth the price-tag? I suppose considering there were 11 of us (which included 2 children), it wasn't too bad. Would I go again? Probably not - been there, done that, would rather try somewhere new.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Good points - the staff, very friendly and helpful. The decor is good.
Not so good - the food, for the cost of the meal I might have expected home made chips rather than rather dry frozen variety.
The meat did not look very appetizing - although it was very tender and cooked as we requested.
Verdict - OK

1  Thank Tryavna
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Had an early dinner,prior to a theatre visit.Food was average,but the prices are premium.it is a very pleasant restaurant,the staff were good,but we both felt the food did not warrant the price.Salad at £4 was a gem lettuce with a trickle of dressing!It must be one of the most expensive steaks ,even by Londonstandards.
It is one restaurant we will miss next time we are in London.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

Really lovely place to eat. The service was very friendly, helpful and pleasant. We had a voucher so it didn't work out too expensive, without it might have been a bit out of our reach. We had Chateaubriand for 2 also a bottle of wine, lovely. Leave the steak on the heated pan if you want your steak not so rare. The food was well presented and cooked just right. You could choose other main meals if you didn't want steak, but as this is their speciality l would say go for the steaks.