“Lovely”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Beautiful venue with beautiful food
Staff were really helpful and nice.looking forward to going again

Reviewed 31 August 2015

This was the third visit to Rowleys (although first I have commented on) A good Central London restaurant with great food.
The interior is very much `Olde England` with tiled floors and lots of dark wood and polished bevelled mirrors evocative of an age gone by. Jermyn Street is very much on the tourist trail being roughly between Picadilly and The Mall.
The menu is suitably varied but they have made a speciality out of Chateau Briand. Comes with unlimited chips (fries). Service is good, unobtrusive but not particulary detailed. Although on the evening we went there was a small table who were rather drunk and behaved oafishly, and the staff did their best to control them and came to apologise for any affect on us, which I thought was good considering they really couldn't do much about it.
As for price, its not cheap but for the location and quality it is pretty average for a good central London venue. Obviously depends on what and how much you have, but around £50 per head. I would think its a place to book rather than just arrive.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

We found this place while exploring London. It promises to be a steak house and we duly ordered steak. The food was well prepared and tasty. The steak cooked well and to order - only thing is the quantity was miserly. How mean can you be in a steak house? The endless chips is sort of correct. The serve is quite modest. When asked for another serve, the second mini chips arrived so late that my rare steak had cooked to well-done on the table top warming stand. A bit ordinary. Staff were pleasant enough. Pity management are so miserly. Rather than steak house it should be termed steak sampler house.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I took my fiance to Rowley's on Saturday 22.8.15 as part of a special date (see my other rating of the brilliant Miss Saigon). I have never eaten a chateaubriand, so I thought that easing the cost with a voucher from Living Social would help me achieve that. I have to say, that if it hadn't been for the voucher, I would have felt pickpocketed. The meat, whilst nice, was not to die for, and the amount served up for 2 would have suited a lunchtime appetite. I could have easily eaten that amount of meat on my own. The fries, tomatoes and sauce were all tasty and the offer of unlimited fries helps to fill one's belly. We shared a Kentish strawberry Eton Mess for dessert and this was tasty too. So I have no complaints to make of the food, just the price of everything on the menu (especially the chateaubriand), and there was no ambiance either. Additionally, the toilet decor has been neglected and they were a bit dirty (it was not late into the evening). To make matters worse, a 'discretionary' service charge of 12.5% of the non-discounted bill was added. I questioned in my mind whether this would be shared among the staff, so I paid it and did not leave an extra tip - why should I? After I paid, I asked our waiter if he received some of the service charge, to which he replied 'no'. If this is the case, then why is it charged? I suggest that the question is asked, and if the answer is 'no', then maybe consider removing the charge and tip your server directly. I really wanted to like this restaurant, but I am afraid that I would not go back - nor recommend it to anyone unless the cost of the offering is of no concern. A three course meal for two with drinks can easily run into £100+ and for that, I would want a meal with a better 'wow' factor.

1  Thank Ifa-Ray
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Food cooked fresh and well done. The service is very ordinary with three girls trying to serve. It was only half full for lunch which is a sign for others.