“Fabulous Lunch”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,610 of 27,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 27 September 2015

My dad took me here for lunch before our afternoon matinee to Jersey Boys. The food was lovely but my dessert was absolutely amazing. It was a chocolate bomb that melts with ice cream in the middle. What's not to love about that?!
I had ordered the Yorkshire Chicken with unlimited fries, which was a good lunch. The establishment felt very 'business-like' rather than inviting to families.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Jermyn Street runs parallel to Piccadilly Circus but it feels like miles away from the hustle and bustle! We had a delightful meal with my husband's business associates and the atmosphere was perfect for carrying on conversation. My lamb chops were delicious (be sure to get the mint sauce), and my husband's coworkers raved about the salmon. The desserts looked amazing but we passed since the meal was very filling. We did not have a reservation on a Tuesday night and it was no problem for the 5 of us.

1  Thank kgoley
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Visited this restaurant a couple of times now and always return here whenever me and my partner come to London. The food quality is excellent, I would highly reccommend the 28 day mature steak.

1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

The restaurant was booked because it is very close to the theatres in Shaftsbury Avenue.It opens at 5.30 pm.The staff were very polite friendly and efficient.We both had the prawn and avocado starter which scored high on volume but the prawns were chopped up rather than whole,and tasted a bit vinegary but edible.I had the organic chicken as the main course which was excellent and my wife had the 28 day matured entrecôte steak which tasted very good but was on the small size.The desert of Eaton Mess was again very tasty
The prices were a bit toppy but would be average for this area.
The other good point was that the meals were served promptly and left us plenty of time to get to the theatre for 7pm.

1  Thank brimsted1
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I had dinner here not so long ago with a couple of business colleagues and i was that impressed with the simplicity of the relaxed dining i told my wife that we would go there together sometime soon. That sometime soon was Sunday 23rd August 2015, we went for lunch and had a really nice relaxing afternoon enjoying our awesome steak choice to share with the unlimited fries. The steaks are presented on a table burner that keeps the rest of your steak at a nice temperature whilst you're eating what's on your plate although it is so tender i have to admit that mine was all on my plate in no time. My wife and i also had a lovely bottle of Malbec that just went so well with the lovely juicy tender steak. (Salivating yet? Hahahahaha) We declined on dessert but only because we were both full. If you like an awesome steak and you're happy with relaxed dining and fantastic service then this is a place you should try in my opinion. #twenty

Date of visit: August 2015