“Major Disappointment”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,610 of 27,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 9 October 2015

Don't get fooled by the positive reviews. This place relies on its location in Mayfair and nothing more. Terrible food and terrible service and a way over priced for the experience you get. After a comedy of errors with our meal the manager offered us a discount on my wife's apple juice and one scoop of ice cream. After dropping almost a £100 it was embarrassing. You couldn't pay me to frequent this establishment again.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Rocketrod22

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Popped into rowleys last night after leaving the theater.
The food drink and service was top notch even though it was after 9 30 we still managed a 3 courses The scallops were some of the best I ve had and the steaks cooked too perfection.
Would defiantly go back and recommend

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Took a friend here for her birthday. I booked and asked for a window table (which we got) which was quite surprising considering it was a saturday night. Its a beautiful setting, an old butchers shop (Its where Mr Walls begin selling his sausages) with large mirrors set into the tiled walls. Not too dark, not too bright.
The staff were excellent. We were served by no less than three different people, all very pleasant and keen to make sure we had everything we wanted.
The food was marvellous, the steaks cooked to perfection.
The restaurant was surprisingly quiet for a saturday night (we sat down at eight) but it was a very enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I have always have a wonderful lunch or dinner at Rowleys. I recently took my 18 yr old son for lunch. He loves steak and chips (who doesn't?) this is something special. The steak is always beautiful, the chips crispy and the service impeccable.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 27 September 2015

My dad took me here for lunch before our afternoon matinee to Jersey Boys. The food was lovely but my dessert was absolutely amazing. It was a chocolate bomb that melts with ice cream in the middle. What's not to love about that?!
I had ordered the Yorkshire Chicken with unlimited fries, which was a good lunch. The establishment felt very 'business-like' rather than inviting to families.

Date of visit: August 2015