“So pleased to return! Delicious food and wonderful service.”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 14 February 2018

It's been a good few months since we've been in London ----but we were thrilled to return.
Rowley's is so close to manyof the sites and stores. We had been to the Royal Academy of Arts for an exhibition. Once we had finished, we walked the 3 minutes to Rowley's.
Monika, the manager, greeted us like old friends and we were soon sitting in the window, watching the world go by and selecting our food & drinks.
My wife had the whitebait and I had the smoked salmon. Both were full of flavour... excuse me whilst I drool at the memory....
For our main course, we selected the Cote d'Bouef and a fillet steak. They came partly cooked on a burner so that we could select exactly how we would like them cooked. Also, there were fries aplenty and cauliflower cheese.
Everything was perfect.
To drink.... ah, yes.... two bottles of ordinary claret. It's always good.
As always, the restaurant was busy without being overcrowded. The noise level was fine ----there was no need to shout!
Oh, there is a loyalty scheme too.
Would we go there again? Yes, we hope to return in April.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough about Rowley (absolute gem)Second vist , and as good as ever. We had the chateaubriand and can not fault a thing , house wine is as good as any and the service is impeccable welldone Rowleys keep up the excellent work.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

very good experience - food excellent - unlimited fries ... great ! Service attentive and friendly. Recommended !

Reviewed 8 February 2018

My husband and I had a lovely meal in this restaurant recently. We were an hour and a quarter late due to an incident on the train line we were using. I had the goat's cheese and beetroot salad which was amazing and my husband had the soup with bread which he enjoyed. We then had the Chateaubriand which was served medium rare and finished off to our liking at the table. As I adhere to a GF diet I was unable to have the cauliflower cheese which was replaced with green beans and we thoroughly enjoyed. I will definitely keep this restaurant in mind on our next visit to London. It was a great find. The restaurant is very clean, well decorated, quiet and the staff are excellent.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Rowley's sells itself as a steak restaurant. If you are a tourist you have undoubtedly had world class beef. Don't expect that standard here. For London it is a decent steak with prompt service but it is not worth a detour. If you are a local and are peckish for red meat, then it is an acceptable source for the occasional steak. Salad is good; unlimited chips (french fries) if you are especially hungry. Decent wine (but not cheap)