“A veritable banquet”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous on all levels.

Nice friendly staff in a great authentic restaurant, located on Jermyn Street.

We ordered red and white wine, and our starters and mains.

I had a generous plate of very delicious salmon followed by mouth-wateringly tender and beautifully cooked chateaubriand.

Mains are served with endless chips (all you can eat, honestly) and we shared peas and beans as a table.

This was somehow followed by a chocolate bombe!! which was a chocolatey indulgence and also totally fabulous.

All washed down with a good brandy at the end, heaven.

This place understands food, what a great evening!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Great steaks and burger in quiet, smart busy restaurant located close to theatres and Piccadilly Circus.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous!! Beautiful venue, beaming with ornate tiles and character. Call me boring, but one thing I loved was that there wasn’t loud music blaring constantly!! Great wine list and the chateaubriand was delicious-especially with unlimited fries! No need to order a separate sauce, because it comes with a yummy garlic-butter. Fantastic service and worth every penny. Cheers to Rowleys!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Went for my birthday meal with family. My mum brought in a birthday cake and asked if it was OK for them to bring it out after the meal and she was told there would be a charge for this so we didn't go ahead with me cutting my cake at the restaurant. The meat quality wasn't the best for the money you pay but the wine was good. Overall I'm a bit disappointed about the cake and it would have been nice for them to even acknowledge it was my birthday as I went to a cocktail bar after and they wished me happy birthday and gave me a small birthday cake which was a pleasant surprise. The little things make the overall experience a pleasant one and make you want to come back again and unfortunately this is what Rowley's was lacking.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Went here for dinner on Friday evening with my slightly casually and under dressed daughter on the Travelzoo offer. Really good steaks and restaurant. Had to ask for the extra fries as wait staff hung about the servery and chatted a bit too much with each other. Fab oldy worldly steak house that has a modern and relaxed vibe as well. We had a pint nearby and only had tap water which they were fine with.