“A night out saying farewell”
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,624 of 27,034 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$102 - US$102
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Transit: Piccadilly Circus tube: 2 minutes walk. Green Park tube: 7 minutes walk.
Description: Not many restaurants have a loyalty scheme, which just goes to show how very loyal Rowley's long-time regulars happen to be. The room is traditionally British, but also informal and relaxed. The menu changes monthly, and always features Rowley's tremendously good char-grilled entrecote steak or breast of Sussex chicken with herb and butter sauce and endless chips. The trad Caeser salad is also terrific. Short, intelligent wine list and the sun-dried tomato chutney served with the cheese is just right. Great for business lunches, or pre- or post-theatre.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I had a need to arrange an evening out for 10 people partly as a farewell for me leaving the company and these guys working for me and secondly because one the team was returning to Australia.

I gave a lot of thought as to where to go knowing I wanted it be a relaxed atmosphere and somewhere that I depend on for good quality food. I have been coming here on and off for nearly 30 years and always have had fun

Rowleys is a mid-range restaurant in terms of cost the provides high quality food. Whilst it has a variety of choices it is known for its steaks long before the steak phase hit London and we had the while choices that we have today, so which are excellent and I continue to use.

When I was much younger my first introduction to châteaubriand was at Rowleys. Back then it was 2 to share but now they make individual portions which helps with the differing ways people like their steak cooked. Everybody had a variety of starters and there were no complaints, when it came to the main course eight out of the 10 people had châteaubriand with the remaining two other steaks of their choice.

The food was excellent and enjoyed by one and all. This was added to by the first class wine that flowed and ensured that I had a night to remember and the planning was a worthwhile. added to this it reminded me that I need to go back to Rowleys in a more regular basis.

Thank you to the manager and staff for looking after us and waiting for us, knowing that we were the last to leave and you were waiting for us to leave the lock up

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Very poor service this week at Rowleys. It felt like it was too much bother to serve us. The steak was very good as usual but when you pay their prices you expect staff to be attentive. It was a chame because it was one of my favourite restaurants.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We took our granddaughter here for dinner before we went to the theatre as she wanted to eat meat !!!! Well she certainly got a lot of meat at Rowleys and it was very good. We had booked a table early when the restaurant opened for dinner and initially we were the only people in there. I started with the devilled whitebait, a large portion freshly cooked and with just the right amount of spice whilst my wife started with the lobster fish cake which she thought was excellent. For our main courses we all choose the entrecote steak (all medium rare) which is served ready cooked and sliced in a dish which is placed on a burner on the table. The steak was coated on top with a Roquefort butter sauce and came with unlimited fries. The steak was cooked perfectly as ordered & we were all served an initial huge portion of the fries. Our granddaughter thought it was excellent & so did we & none of us needed an extra helping of fries (except me). There is an extensive wine list which is quite expensive & as it was a hot day we drank a bottle of Chilean Sauv which at £30 was one of the cheapest wines on the list. We all shared 2 scoops of ice cream for dessert. The service was very good, as you would expect it to be as it was quite quiet even by the time we left. It is not a cheap restaurant to eat in but the quality of the steaks were excellent. Overall a lovely meal which was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Had not been here for at least twenty years and sometimes it’s nice to visit a place where little changes. We had the house specials x 3 of the steak and fries. Lovely steaks, cooked well and kept warm at your table. The fries are some of the nicest think ones I’ve tasted in a long while. Simple yes but all well done. Some suggest it’s a bit expensive but too be honest it’s prime central London and also if you want a high quality steak you need to pay a bit more for it. These steaks were tender, well aged and almost fat free. If you want a cheaper steak plenty of tough old places around. So overall this really is a case of doing just what it says on the tin! If you were to change perhaps a developed selection and sizes of steaks otherwise just keep doing! And thanks Chris (and other staff) for your polite service!

Reviewed 4 July 2018

My wife and I ate chateaubriand and fries on a Groupon deal and we enjoyed the experience. The steak was nicely cooked and the unlimited fries went down well. The meal was excellent value.

Date of visit: June 2018