“Great Food and Service but Pricey”

Chamberlain's Restaurant
Ranked #1,231 of 23,866 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$104
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: *Now open at weekends* Chamberlain's Restaurant in historic Leadenhall Market has been described as 'perfect fish in the heart of the city'. With our own wholesale fish business, Chamberlain and Thelwell established at Billingsgate in 1947, we serve top quality fish to a number of loyal clients. The restaurant extends over three floors that look out onto the stunning Leadenhall Market with a ground floor restaurant, intimate mezzanine, slightly more formal first floor restaurant, brasserie and basement bar with its original brickwork, high vaulted ceilings and an outside terrace which in warm weather is one of London's favourite places. Chamberlain's is available for private hire and offer complete flexibility- from relaxed intimate dining, formal luncheons, presentations or lively parties with music. The unique layout of the restaurant means we can cater for a small private party of 12 on their own floor to a party of 150 using the whole restaurant.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a wow of a dinner with my 18year-old grandson. I had a very nice Pinot Gris and wonderful Skate Wing (yes, I did); GS had a steak dish that he loved, some desert with a soft drink. Excellent staff and service {they showed us the places next to the restaurant where Harry Potter episodes were filmed. Cost was about 94 pounds.

2  Thank DeepFreeze63

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I had a lovely meal last night, I had oysters to start which were so fresh and salmon as a main. I really enjoyed the meal, the waiters were excellent, would love to go again. Slightly expensive though.

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We went for a romantic dinner there last night because we had a voucher for £60 off a meal for 2. We didn't have a starter, we both had the 250g steak and shared 2 sides, then had ice-cream to share. Drink-wise we had a bottle of red wine and 1 g&t and we still had to pay almost £60 on top of our voucher. The food was delicious and we were really full, however it is definitely an expensive place to eat and i'm really glad I had the voucher as I wouldnt have wanted to pay full price. Location obviously bumps up the price as it is in the city but you can get a good steak elsewhere for less.

1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We made a last minute booking after taking spending some time at the Brokers' Bar nearby and had a wonderful evening. The food was amazing complemented by lovely wine. The service was friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly and attentive staff of all nationalities food and wine wonderful, a most enjoyable evening with friends. Would certainly go back again.