Mike Armitage Tourist Guide
Review Highlights
Absolutely Amazing!

Mike was the highlight of our time in London! During the summer we decided to make a family trip... read more

Reviewed 10 January 2024
Eric T
Hire Mike Armitage is you want great touring in the London area

This was my second time touring with Mike Armitage. Back in 2012, I toured with Mike when I was in... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2023
356sharij
Savannah, Georgia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews churchill war rooms tailor windsor highlights knowledge sights changing guard tower history
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Mike's knowledge regarding the kings/queens and the history surrounding the buildings and area is extensive. Having a private tour guide is a big luxury and was worth every penny for Windsor Castle and Hampton Court. Mike made sure we saw all the highlights and then some. We had a car and he was our navigator between the two locations, making sure we stayed in the correct lane. I don't think we asked a question he didn't know the answer to. He also suggested places to eat in the area. If you have children (I'd say maybe 8 years old but definitely 10 and above) then a private guide can truly be an educational splurge that will keep them asking questions. While the big bus tours seemed economically tempting, after reading the reviews about how the end of the day was always rushed, we decided to invest in the locations that we knew we'd have a lot of questions and wanted to spend a lot of time at. You can do Stonehenge on your own with the self-guided tours. We decided Bath and the Roman baths could be for another trip, but Windsor and Hampton were high on our list. It was a fact-filled AND entertaining day with Mike.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We hired Mike for a full day and it was absolutely perfect, he showed us things that were relevant to our country and really tailor made the experience to suit us. A perfect way to see all the sights of london whilst learning valuable pieces of information at the same time. Highly recommend

Date of experience: May 2017
MikeArmitage, Owner at Mike Armitage Tourist Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Tom. We did have a busy day, with a lot of walking. I'm glad that you both enjoyed yourselves.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I was recently surprised with a trip to London for my birthday. Wanting to maximize the time we had and being history nerds, we located Mike and scheduled him to be our tour guide. There are not enough good words I can say about the experience. He was amazing. He mixed my desire for super nerdy British insight with my boyfriend's need of pubs and ancient armor. The time we spent with Mike really felt like we were on the receiving end of some super secret insider knowledge. We visited the main sights and felt like we might as well have had the whole place to ourselves. Mike provided us with all the background we could want along with amazing British charm.
He was immensely helpful before our arrival and quick to respond to questions I had as we set up our tour plan. We spent a day and a half with him and would love to spend more. We have already suggested him to all our friends. He would provide as wonderful a tour for families with children as he would for adults meeting up on a college reunion vacation. Mike is worth every penny and then some. We will definitely use him when we go back to visit the things we missed this time.

Date of experience: April 2017
MikeArmitage, Owner at Mike Armitage Tourist Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank-you for your generous comments, Kiersten. I'm particularly pleased that I satisfied Danny's need for pubs and ancient armour!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We recently went to London with 3 grandkids, the youngest of whom was 8 years old. Mr. Armitage took us to the changing of the guard at The Horse Guards and then to the Mews. Mr. Armitage imparted a lot of information at both stops.. He also had some Harry Potter filming locations to show the kids. He was very patient with the 8-year old, even when she was not at her best. I would heartily recommend him if you want to get the most out of what you are seeing in London.

Date of experience: April 2017
MikeArmitage, Owner at Mike Armitage Tourist Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words, Chris. We did have a nice day and your grandchildren are always at their best!!

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Wonderful day of sightseeing with Mike!! Mike is extremely knowledgeable and took great care to make sure we saw the sights we wanted to see. Touring with Mike is not your "cookie-cutter" tour - it is customized to your requests. So many interesting facts at each spot which you would never know of without a very knowledgeable guide. Made our first trip to London so much more meaningful and enjoyable!! We will definitely visit London again and will call Mike as well.

Date of experience: August 2015
MikeArmitage, Owner at Mike Armitage Tourist Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank-you Cheryl, I'm so glad that you enjoyed our day together. We certainly saw a lot, from Westminster Abbey to St Pauls Cathedral, via Benedict Arnold and the Beatles! I hope to see Darren and you back in the UK one day.