“Delicious”

Ranked #5,805 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$49 - US$49
“Delicious”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderfully thin crispy pizza base with delicious toppings - in fact, because base is so thin you can really maximize what you put on top! We love this place for the food, the ambience, the great staff and delicious beers!!!

“Cracking pizza, cracking boozer”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent pizza, nice staff, chilled out vibe. Went for a cheeky midweek lunch with hubby - perfect lunch for two with a drink each under £30 we'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
London
“Fab pizzas, friendly atmosphere - a great find”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The Gowlett does some of the best pizzas I have ever tasted. Thin base and plenty of fresh ingredients. It's family friendly, whilst maintaining a trendy buzz. The staff is very welcoming. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best pizzas”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Really a lovely pub! The atmosphere is brilliant, there's a goof variety of drinks and on top of that one can get a perfect pizza! The pizzas ar emuch better than to be expected from a pub, and as good as in any pizza restaurant (I mean proper pizzas, not Pizza Express etc). I enjoyed it a lot and they also offer a wholegrain base, which is interesting. Been back a few times and it has always been consistent.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Had no idea you could get pizza like this!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We went to visit some friends to spend a day on Peckham Rye common. We passed The Gowlett and there were some guys eating pizza at the tables outside. I took one look and thought we had to try it. I am so happy we did! The pizza is stone baked and the crust was amazingly thin with those little burned edges that made it perfect. I had the special which was salami, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and torn fresh basil. Perfection. My partner had the american hot and the flavours were rich and spicy and the chilli oil was the cherry on the top. My friends had the fiorentina and the spinach was plentiful and the egg cooked exactly as requested. I can't say enough about it. I will go back again and again. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere very casual and relaxed. Very family friendly as we were with 2 under 2 and we had plenty of room for all the pram paraphernalia that accompanies a day out with the kids! The wine was ok...I had the rioja. I wanted to try the malbec but they were out so went back to the rioja. The wait can be a little long but that is because the chef cooks everything fresh and it makes all the difference. A bit of a trek for us to get over there but I would crawl through hot coals to get back!

• Visited August 2013