“Great food excellent athmosphe”
Review of La Cage Imaginaire

La Cage Imaginaire
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cage Imaginaire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,160 of 23,854 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$69
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was a bit worried having read mixed reviews about this restaurant - but as with most reviews, you have to experience it yourself to get a good picture.The food was authentic, well cooked and well served, and was delicious, packed with the flavours of France!
Definitely go again

1  Thank Adelaide S

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Certainly good choice for romantic dinner , recommend the cannelloni as vegetarian option ,lovely sea bass and good house wine ,definitely come back !

1  Thank ndrew1984
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were really looking forward to visiting this restaurant after many personal recommendations.
This is a small but pretty room. We had a table for six on a round table in a bay window in the front.
10 minutes after sitting down the waitress took our order for drinks. 5 minutes later they arrived without one of the drinks ordered. That took another 5 minutes.
The biggest problem was that our waitress couldn't understand English that well!
We asked for more bread and that finally arrived half way through the main course.
1st course: 2 prawns (good)
Pate ( good)
3 onion soups (just awful, very little taste and watery)
Main course:
3 sea bass ( excellent )
Fillet beef. ( tough as leather)
2 lamb cutlets ( tough )
Desserts were ok.
We had only soft drinks and the bill came to £70 per couple.
With poor and slow service combined with very average food, I am sad to say we won't be returning.

1  Thank gnphillips
Reviewed 13 April 2014

In one word it was simply awful.
I do not recommend this restaurant even to my worst enemies.
We order ravioli for starter. It tasted like cardboard.
Beef was bland and tasteless.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I expected a lot from this so called French restaurant.. It was a disaster from start to finish. First of all, we were sitting next to a very noisy large birthday party, which is bound to be a bad thing in such a small restaurant.
Then the food... Scallops badly cooked, cold peas and a smear of purée of the same peas,the whole thing totally tasteless and without any trace of salt or pepper. Really, really bland, like the worst school lunch one would rather forget. Then came my overcooked halibut on a bed of cabbage, as dry and tasteless as my first course.. With house wine, the bill came to £75 for two. £75 too much if you ask me. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I certainly will never come back.