“Amazing Meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: We serve the best Aberdeen Angus steak sourced from English farms accompanied by the highest quality service. Situated on the banks of the River Thames with views of the London Eye, there is no better location from which to enjoy your delicious meal. Our bar is open late and serves a mixture of classic and contemporary cocktails; a selection of over 70 gins and a wide selection of beers, wines, and spirits.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Meal”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

What a find - a quick google based on where we were staying and we came across Gillrays
What a wonderful restaurant - professional yet friendly. Extremely knowledgeable staff.
Fantastic food, the steaks were amazing. Managed to still have room for pudding (which was also amazing)
Thoroughly recommend a visit - and will be using any excuse to come and visit again
Now in my top 10 favourite restaurants

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Akliverpool

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Great Bar with Great views and fantastic cocktails”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We spent a great afternoon in the bar sampling many of the cocktails, my favourite was GLC. Would highly recommend as the bartenders were good fun but professional. Also, loved the décor and buzzy atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lily0074
“April Visit”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

It was recommended to me, and I would have to say the food was quite good, but the service fell short, even for London. A great rib-eye, and the view over the river is wonderful, but I had to repeatedly ask for drink service, finally having a martini just as my steak was served. The piano player and singer in the lounge were great though. Worth going for, and I expect service would be better for 2 or more.

• Visited April 2014
Theresa M, General Manager at Gillray's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Temagami,

I sincerely appreciate your review and the fact that you enjoyed the great views and the food at Gillray's Steakhouse. As you mentioned, this was a live music night and our bar was overwhelmed with visitors, which should have not affected our timely service.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you encountered and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,
Theresa Maw- General Manager
Bethesda, MD
“Amazing Bartenders”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I cannot speak for the restaurant, as we didn't eat at Gillray's, but rather just drank at the bar everyday for our 4 day stay at the hotel. We had the best bartenders each night! I have to give a shout out to Francesco, who made me the most carefully crafted cocktail that included powder sugar dusted berries. Also, the bar manager, whose name escapes me now (sorry) was the best educator on gin. I feel as if I took a 3 day seminar on the history of gin and London. We honestly looked forward to seeing them each night in the bar. They also gave us great recommendations for other great bars to try out. There is a great camaraderie among mixologists in London. I would tell anyone traveling to London to visit this bar for a special cocktail... and ask for Francesco to make it!

• Visited March 2014
“Utterly Delightful”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I reserved a table at this restaurant for myself and my family for mothers day and I have to say it was a really pleasurable experience. There was 6 of us in total including my 1 year old daughter. The staff were extremely friendly and professional. They provided a high chair for my daughter along with some pictures and colouring pencils to help keep her entertained which she loved. My father only drinks non-alcoholic beer which they didn't serve in the restaurant or bar but as they sold it in room service the waitress quickly collected us some and gave father had his own little collection of drinks at the table, which really made him happy. We all opted to have a beef Sunday roast which came with a complimentary glass of wine each. The food was plentiful and delicious. There was so much we couldn't finish it all. My husband actually said it was one of the best roast dinners he's ever had. They provided us with a children's menu for my daughter and she had a lovely little meal of chicken goujons with chips and carrots. There desert menu is simple yet effective. We had a few coffee's along with some ice cream and frozen yoghurt in a variety of flavours. Overall it was a beautiful restaurant in a grand hotel with beautiful views of the city and the Thames. I will certainly be returning and recommending this place!