“very pleasant”

Ranked #2,158 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$84
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Cross street: Snowsfields
Transit: We are located just three minutes' walk from London Bridge rail and underground stations. Take the exit to St Thomas Street and Guys Hospital. Turn left along St Thomas Street, opposite the Shard Building Site. Turn first right into Weston street and we are located 150 metres along on the left directly opposite the Greenwood Theatre.
“very pleasant”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Went here with my partner recently and would happily go back.
I used a Gourmet Society card and got half price on 2 course meals.
The food was excellent, particularly the lamb neck fillet salad which was
bursting with fresh flavours. The salmon starter is great too, if a little small.
The pigeon is also very good, and the red curry is decent.
There were nice touches with some delicious home made banana bread and
appetisers thrown in for free. Didn't overly explore the drinks menu but it seemed
quite decent too. The service was very friendly and professional. The staff didn't mess
around when they gave me the bill without the Gourmet card discount, and changed it
immediately without fuss. The decor is a bit over the top for my liking, but it doesn't distract too much from the good food and excellent service.

• Visited September 2011

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great value, excellent food, love it!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Part of me doesnt want to let the secret out... I cannot understand why this place isn't rammed solid every night and why I find it so easy to get a table. I've visited quite a few times in the past few months and the food has always been delicious, absolutely superb, with interesting flavours and ingredients and satisfying portion sizes. I've only come with either a friend or my boyfriend- it's a perfect intimate venue - but I could imagine good times there in groups. It's not so 'romantic' you would feel alienated. I've had such great experiences there I feel obliged to spread the word, as the staff and chefs work so hard to make everything right (it's also very food allergy friendly) and they get it right. Just please remember that I posted first (ish) and should have rights to my own table whenever i want it!

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect romantic birthday celebration!”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Took my husband here on a recommendation and we were not disappointed! Situated 5 minutes walk from London Bridge mainline and underground station in a rather shabby side street, this little jewel is extremely well hidden! When you walk through the very neutral looking door into the restaurant itself, it's like walking in to a little Asian oasis! The decor is fabulous, the atmosphere calm and serene. The service is impeccable - discreet and friendly yet totally efficient. We chose the 3 course menu (we were in the little private mezzanine seat - very romantic!) and we absolutely loved all our food. My starter of duck spring rolls with traditional potato pastries and hoi sin sauce was yummy (7/10), my hubby had the barbecued eel which he adored. Our mains were delicious - I had the lamb (to die for) and my husband had the prawn, mussel and fish stew. The desserts were heavenly - black cardamom and green tea creme brulee for me (8/10) and a wonderful chocolate and Vietnamese black rice liqueur cheesecake (9/10) for hubby. Price was £33 each, which excluded all drinks, so our total bill came to around £80 with our aperitifs. I could definitely have eaten more had there been more on the plate but that's only because I'm a greedy girl! All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody who appreciates good Asian food.

• Visited July 2011
London
“Just superb”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

This is how a Malaysian restaurant ought to be. The food is of very high standard (none of that cheap street food) and the service is impeccable. The decor is warm and comforting and takes you away to another world. If you get a chance, ask to be seated in the mezzanine booth (private elevated booth).

Everytime my girlfriend and I go there we leave very happy customers and amazed my the flavours (we tend to visit every couple of months).

The menu changes every few months, so its difficult to say what is a must try. Besides all the dishes we've tried in the past were extremely good.

Highly recommended and worth travelling for.

London, United Kingdom
“A gem off the beaten track”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I've been a fan of this place for more than 10 years and have eaten here a few dozen times. It's a great place if you enjoy quirkiness and appreciate South East Asian cuisine with some modern twists. The aniseed martini is very good. I have a big appetite and have never left hungry or been disappointed by the quality of the food so a few of the other reviews surprise me.