“Malay gem”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Cross street: Snowsfields
Transit: We are located just three minutes' walk from London Bridge rail and underground stations. Take the exit to St Thomas Street and Guys Hospital. Turn left along St Thomas Street, opposite the Shard Building Site. Turn first right into Weston street and we are located 150 metres along on the left directly opposite the Greenwood Theatre.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place felt like a special find. The food was so beautifully presented, I was almost reluctant to dive into it. It tasted great too. Unusual funky decor. The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome even though we were using a tastecard. Will be back.

There are newer reviews for Champor-Champor

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Decor and ambience are somewhat unique here - it does feel a bit like a (slightly shabby) series of small interconnected front rooms with a chintzy oriental decor. Service is ok - although getting attention can be hard - expecially for some tables which are tucked away around corners or in alcoves. Food universally good - blending old favourites like satay and beef rendang with some more experimental dishes. Might skip deserts though on this experience. Would certainly go back.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked my birthday meal here for Saturday and it was fantastic. We had the table prepared and ready for us, and the atmosphere of the place was buzzing and so intimate. The food arrived fast and everybody on my table really enjoyed their food. Good price, good food, fast and friendly staff and good service.

Not easy to find, we needed to use googlemaps on our phones to direct us, but a little gem!

Would recommend and return again.! x

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wonderful food in a quirky restaurant setting - very tasty and lots to choose from. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hidden away in a nondescript street only minutes from London bridge Station; this little gem of a restaurant gave me one of my most memorable dining experiences. I hadn't booked; however they found me a table in their busy restaurant together with several other late comers. The greeting was friendly, the decor was unique, like a comfortable old pair of slippers and I felt immediately at home. The ambiance was buzzing! The staff were courteous yet friendly knowledgeable about all aspects of the food on offer and my food arrived promptly. I had the roasted monk fish, (off the bone) sweet, tender with mashed sweet potato and spring onions. Perfection! For dessert I chose the singular Tom Dum Brulee - a wonderful creamy confection. I will visit again in a fortnight, I'll book next time, and bring a couple of friends. Can't wait to work my way through this fabulous menu.