“Good food”

Ranked #2,052 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$84
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Cross street: Snowsfields
Transit: We are located just three minutes' walk from London Bridge rail and underground stations. Take the exit to St Thomas Street and Guys Hospital. Turn left along St Thomas Street, opposite the Shard Building Site. Turn first right into Weston street and we are located 150 metres along on the left directly opposite the Greenwood Theatre.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place last night. The kitchen closes at 10.00 pm but yet the staff accommodated us(altough it was a rushed order, we can't complain). The food is delicious (beef redang and river prawn in guyere sauce) is a must try. The cocktail list is a shame. A very bohemian decor. If you are going as a couple I suggest you to call and book the best table in the house(a small private loft area). Quick service. Shall visit again.

• Turkish first
London
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The food is average. Perfectly fine but no better than you should expect. When booking they asked if there was anything to note so I mentioned that we were going for my husband's birthday. There was no mention of this during our meal which made me wonder why they had asked ! The lady serving was surly. Did not like it when we asked for side plates or when we asked if we could split the desert into two for our children. It was all too much hard work. We had wanted to visit for a number of years and hoped for better, given the reviews. You will not have a bad meal here but could eat as well elsewhere and have considerably better service!

• Visited August 2014
London
“Expensive! But decent food”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am quite a fan of Malaysian food and despite having my firm favourites in London I'm always up for discovering new ones.

Champor Champor is in London bridge not far from the station. With a map or clear explanation rather easy to find.

The staff are efficient and having booked in advance we were shown our table straight away. Not very busy on a Monday night which was a plus.

As soon as we say we were presented with complimentary salad and banana bread which were delicious.

For main I had a very fancy looking beef rendang and coconut rice which were both very nice. Quite different to any rendang I'd had on the past.

For dessert I went for the chili chocolate cheesecake. Shame the chili was just thrown on top. There was way too much of it. Good thing is I was able to scrape it off, otherwise it was quite nice.We also had the pistachio and green tea dessert which was not nice at all.

Overall it was a good experience, the decor is very busy but plus points for the presentation and service. The food was nice but quite expensive.

San Francisco, California
“Ugly decor and lousy food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As soon as I walked in I was unhappy. It looks like someone had a garage sale and this place purchased all the old table linens. Ugh. Should have walked out but sadly I did not. Food was lousy.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank misanthropicdreamer
London, England, United Kingdom
“Interesting Thai food, unusual and delicious. Good with allergies.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked this to celebrate a friend's wedding and really pleased I did. Great location near Guys Hospital and London bridge, great interior with interesting thai and Malay decor and furnishings. The service was good, if brisk. The food was really good. It was an interesting Malay take on Thai food with so e quirky British twists. E.g. Goats cheese stuffed rolls as a starter. I had the tofu salad, lovely and fresh and chilli spicy. Mains were equally good, I had tofu green curry, it was deconstructed with courgettes, aubergine a, tofu and sauce. Hubby had shiitake mushroom and potato dumplings which he loved. Our friends had the King prawn curry and the beef rending. They loved theirs. I would recommend one portion of rice between two. We could have one between three. We had a two hour time limit but were well within that. Would go back.

• Visited August 2014