“great service, poor food”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #8,855 of 24,255 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Beauchamp Place offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a high expectation from pizza express after my visit at pizza express fulham road. but this pizza express in beauchamp place made me disappointed. the pizza was quite dry and hard. unlike the one in fulham road branch. although there were crowds of customers, the staffs were still capable to handle the busy condition well. quite impressed about their quality of service. the staff gave me a 30% off voucher for my next visit to compensate my long wait for the bill.

2  Thank sunl29

Reviewed 26 April 2014

OK Pizza Express is not the most exciting dining experience but normally you know you will get decent food and good service. Unfortunately this branch defies the norm. On arrival we were shown to a table only to be told when we went to sit down that it wasn't ready. There then followed some "flapping" between waiters about why table wasn't ready, whose fault it was etc. Cue few minutes later we got seated at said table. We ordered and starters were fine. Then mains came, 3 wrong orders were put down. More disagreement among waiting staff as to whose fault this was and we then told them again what we had ordered. I had risotto which was frankly dreadful. Obviously ready made and straight out of microwave - half freezing, half scalding and very dry. One of the pizzas was fine but the other food was very poor. We had planned coffee and dessert but after main course asked for bill and left. Very poor show.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

On the last day of our trip to London we chose to eat here. We'd just left the Science Museum and found a voucher for three courses for £10.95 - bargain! There was a good choice available too. It was quite busy but we were quickly served and were given a nice corner table by the window. The waiter who served us during our meal was extremely polite and couldn't do anything more to ensure we had a great meal and a good experience.
The food was all excellently cooked and tasted great. You could tell everything was fresh. I'm not a massive chocolate fudge cake fan, but the one I had here for dessert was lovely, not too chocolaty.
I was very impressed with my entire experience and food here. The restaurant is in great surroundings and is very clean and well laid out. There is a great atmosphere; I loved it.

1  Thank robj_1992
Reviewed 17 April 2014

On THREE separate occasions the staff in this restaurant have COMPLETELY misunderstood the telephone order we have made.

They need to have people who can SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH answering the telephones.

Be very careful OR order pizza from the many and BETTER pizza restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Bit disappointed. Small restaurant and main seating in basement, which was unbearably stuffy and hot without air-con but freezing cold with it! (Had to ask for air-con to be switched off or we would have had to wear our coats!). Very noisy with lots of children (Sunday about 6pm:
basement with low ceiling exaggerates noise.)
Our waitress was polite and helpful but, at times, we felt forgotten by the staff and had to ask for service. Food was fine. Given the lovely area, the restaurant was disappointing and don't think we will retarn.