“Poor food & service, really let the hotel down”

FIVE 25 at Harrington Hall
FIVE 25 at Harrington Hall
Ranked #13,110 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$42 - US$70
Cuisines: European
Neighbourhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Description: Set within a typically imposing building in London���s glamorous Kensington, FIVE 25 Restaurant and Lounge Bar is the flagship dining room of the rather lovely Harrington Hall Hotel. Ideally located for sightseeing and shopping ��� only a Manolo meander from Harrods no less ��� FIVE 25 offers an elegant setting in which to relax and unwind while enjoying food and drinks of a very high standard indeed. The neutral tones of the FIVE 25 dining room lend it a sophisticated, expensive air well suited to its surroundings, however the atmosphere is pleasantly relaxed, thanks in great part to the friendliness and efficiency of staff. Bold modern European food is the order of the day at FIVE 25 with creativity and flair shining through in the menu���s varied, attractively well-presented dishes. After dinner, retire to the lounge bar for coffees or cocktails or indeed to further peruse the hotel���s immaculately put together wine list.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at Harrington Hall Hotel and decided to eat here on the first night. We booked in advance and the first issue was trying to clarify over the phone if there was a dress code...the woman on the other end of the phone kept giving me the post code!

When we went to sit down it was deserted apart from one couple and one businessman eating alone...for some reason the waitress seated us right next to the man which was a little uncomfortable! The waitress explained there was only one chef but we didn't think this would be an issue as the couple had finished eating and the guy was already eating his main course. My starter was potato & olive cake and when it arrived it was a pile of mashed potato with diced olives in it and some sweet relish on the side!
At this point we ended up chatting to the guy on the next table about how bad the food was! Main courses eventually arrived and weren't anything special and as we'd been there for almost 90mins we decided to skip dessert.
Thankfully I was able to use my taste card to get 50% off as I would not have been happy to pay full price for such a poor meal and such slow service.
This place really lets the hotel down.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Happy hour at the bar is a very busy one some times pretty noisy. It is mostly populated with airline personnel. The two for one is a good deal but the airline people get pretty loud and take over the bar area but the rest of the area is very comfortable with lots of chips and peanuts.
We did have the buffet breakfast and it was extremely good with everything you could possibly want for breakfast.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our small family of 3 went here on a normal week day - we were the only dining guests. My wife had to send out her rack of lam two times to be re-cooked to the order and my lam curry was not even warm. Nan bread is not a possibility.
The experience very fare from ok.
Staff very friendly - but this is not enough. I can not recommend this for dinner

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We ate here for my husbands Birthday. The restaurant wasn't very busy. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive, they even arranged for a surprise Birthday cake, which was delicious.

1  Thank curlytopkent
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I only stopped in for a coffee and croissant, but the service was very friendly and attentive and the quality of the food was excellent, fresh, and tasty.