“Friendly place & good food”
Review of The Walmer Castle

The Walmer Castle
Ranked #2,239 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: Seriously good pub in the heart of Notting Hill. British classics and seasonal specials on the menu. Over 15 different beers on tap including ever changing craft guests. Fantastic bright and spacious room upstairs available for hire. We're dog friendly to.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly terrace, that you can start drinking stg and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and then finish with nice thai food (noodles and curry are really recommendable).

1  Thank VParraPedrero

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'm a regular at this place for stonking good Thai at the restaurant upstairs, a casual dish of noodles in the ground floor bar or just chilling out with the papers and a glass of something cold ... a neighbourhood gem tha I couldn't live without

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I love this place! The atmosphere is great, the stuff is very polite and welcoming, the quality of the guests is great (full of regulars which makes me feel like I am entering my living room each time I walk through the pub doors). No need to comment on the atmosphere on sunny days: just great - with the sun shining on the pub throughout the day! In winter days both pub and restaurants are very cosy with candles, fairylights and a warm environment.

The food is delicious, in my opinion the best Thai in the area. Portions are generous and service is fast.

Take away option is also great: fast and super cheap.

I often go there on my own and always feel welcome. With friends is super fun and at least once a week I enjoy the food either in loco or at home.

I always recommend this place to whoever is in the area! A great blend between an English pub experience and an authentic Thai journey.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The restaurant is in the upper floor of the Walmer Castle pub, really nicely done in dark wood with big windows overlooking Ledbury Rd.
We had a lovely Thai dinner for decent prizes there, however, when finished, my friend screamed "There's a mouse!" and crazily enough, there really was a little house mouse running around the nearly empty restaurant, totally unfazed by us and the couple next to us ... which made us think, it might've lived there a bit longer to get used to all the sound. Especially as the waitress, though very friendly, just nodded, when notified, saying: "I see, we'll inform the manager."

So: all in all: lovely, comfy place with good food – but unfortunately we'll not be coming back.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

A buzzy, friendly bar that serves a good pint (Wadworths) and the Thai menu looks great and is very popular, though I didn't eat there.