“Always consistent”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have dined at Gung Ho several times but my first review of the restaurant. The food, service, ambiance and price are very good. The staff always helpful, the portions generous.

There are newer reviews for Gung Ho Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We went again last night and have been coming here for years but first time I checked trip advisor reviews some of which are bizarre as its always full and the food and service are excellent . Some of the reviews may be of dubious provenance maybe ? Particularly love the soft shell crab and crispy duck !

1  Thank hadleyking
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family and I went to Gung-Ho for a birthday celebration and we found the food to be very good. The service started very well but when the restaurant became busy from what I believe were take away phone orders unfortunately the service was non existent.
Overall a fairly good Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I visited this restaurant and the second time I've been served food that is not enable.

We ended up having a dispute with the owner who agreed the food was substandard however still intended to charge us 50% of the bill because we had tried done of the dishes.

This was completely unreasonable, not only is the food poor but the service and dining experience even worse.

Avoid this restaurant if you can!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have been here quite a few times over a couple of years and always enjoyed the food. Yesterday I went with a party of four at lunchtime. The service is friendly, the food good and we ate three savoury courses. We were all full at the end, but finished everything, and tried out some dishes we have not had before (but will have again). We did not drink alcohol and the bill was reasonable.
This is not the cheapest Chinese restaurant, but very much a local restaurant in mid range and with proper tablecloths, service and freshly cooked food.
I have been particularly pleased that on a previous occasion when neither of us wanted a big meal, they were just as happy to serve only a couple of dishes.