“Can't even describe the deliciousness! ”
Review of Sagar Vegetarian

Sagar Vegetarian
Ranked #2,069 of 27,197 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: We Sagar chain of Restaurants in London for the past Sixteen years.Our chefs are from Udupi, a small town in the coastal region of the Western Ghats, about 360km from Bangalore in karnataka. At a famous temple there is an idol of Lord Krishna richly adorned in jewels. The town is a knowledged centre for authentic South Indian Cuisine. Udupi chefs are renowned for the cooking of the traditional South Indian Vegetarian food. Sagar is a Restaurant that is recognised as a breaking new ground in the presentation of South Indian Vegetarian dishes, including some which are new to this country. Also we are specialised in cooking vegan, onion and garlic free food.
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Been here with hubby and also with friends. Oh man. The food is out of this world. The paneer, the Chickpeas, fresh warm naan and roti. Amazing service. Very professional, very clean and organised. Please go and try it. We go to the Hammersmith one. There is also one in Covent Garden.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

India is a country where you can get fantastic veggie food, so no surprise that the food is very good. What's more odd is the atmosphere. At one stage they were playing just terrible elevator music, which really was strange, out of place and didn't work. By the end they were at least playing Indian music, but this is a matter of fact place, with no cosiness and not much decor. The service was adequate, but only so. I wanted an Indian style salad and was told that the most traditional they had was a very plain mixed salad. Nonsense, and I asked twice as I just couldn't believe it, but I had it anyway in the end.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We visited Sagar (Hammersmith, W6 9JT) by pure coincidence. None of us is vegeterian although our familly do generally appreciate a predominantly vegetarian content in a meal. We decided to give it a try. The personel in the restaurant was warm and welcoming, the restaurant clean and cosy. Since we weren't familiar with any of the dishes, the waiter named Gopal kindly introduced the menu to us and recommended a selection of dishes. All the dishes, without exception, were extremly well prepared and delicious. It was a trully novel and great gastronomical experience. We left the restaurant happy and inspired.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is my favourite Indian restaurant. I first came here after having read multiple reviews about how good it was and it was very close to my old house. I have now been multiple times with different people. Each time we have visited, I have been the only vegetarian and everyone has really enjoyed it regardless. The food is also very reasonably priced. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 9 January 2017

This is a really nice place for dinner, with very good veggie food. The dhal was one of the better ones, but the real highlight was the masala dosa, which was one of the best I've had in London.

Date of visit: November 2016