“Their foods is better than the foods in turkey”
Review of Ishtar

Ranked #320 of 24,109 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$35 - US$49
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Marylebone is one stylish neighbourhood and Turkish/Mediterranean restaurant Ishtar is up to the challenge. The decor is smart and modern, with dining on two levels, including under cellar arches, very cosy. The menu includes all the things you love in Middle Eastern cooking, but updated. Try starter of grilled king prawns with garlic and parsley sauce, main course of grilled fillet of lamb with pastirma. Turkish coffee and wines are an absolute requirement.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Waiters are friendly kind and attentive ,their eyes were always on us in case if we needed anything . Food is perfectly cooked and spiced . Super cleaned . We've ordered iskndar , aubergine with potatoes , mixed of starters . The portion is big, food is extremely tasty , would recommend for you to go for kunafah as dessert ,I think it takes around 20 minutes to get prepared

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked for a family party of 20 for our son's 18th birthday lunch on 29rh July. The welcome was warm for all our guests, the service was amazing throughout our lunch. We all ate from the lunch menu and all our guests were very happy with the choice and quality of the food.
The staff were attentive and helpful. Highly reccommended.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

5th July 2014. If you haven't eaten here then you have missed out. Fantastic restaurant, great food, lovely staff. Engen, the owner runs a tight ship and has very high standards. The food is cooked in the upstairs restaurant there for diners to observe. It's nice to see a kitchen onself to note it's cleanliness. It's super clean in this restaurant. Downstairs there is more seating and entertainment. On the weekends they have a belly dancer, which is lots of fun.

I don't understand a couple of other reviews that say it's pricey. It's not! In the daytime until 6pm there is a set price menu with a very good choice for two or three courses. Mixed meze, yum! My family and I have eaten here a lot and the quality is consistently high. Customer satisfaction is a priority in Ishtar. I love nice food and hate it if I make a mistake in choice of restaurant and feel dissatisfied. As I say, the food is consistently high here. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Go on, try it. You won't be sorry. We travel from another part of London to dine here. That's how good.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A pleasant surprise. Visited with a family group of 10 on a Sunday lunchtime and were fed quickly and efficiently by friendly staff. Mixed starters were very good and portion sizes just right. I had lamb and couscous but all dishes looked appealing. Good value and the meal ended well with a really nice Turkish coffee and light and buttery baklava. Will be returning.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

After seeing a show, my wife recommended we try a Turkish restaurant she had used for lunch on many occasions when she worked in London. My first ever visit. Very nice ambience, nice greeting from attentive staff, good menu choices, nice Turkish beer, but mainly the food was fantastic! Beautifully presented and gorgeous.